Phantom 2 FPV install pics. Flysight & ImmersionRC

Reaction score
Tonight I grabbed some beers and put together an FPV system for my Phantom 2. This set up is based on research I've done, and on #6 and #7 of this video series...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. I purchased the Flysight, and ImmersionRC on eBay. iOSD, antennae, and SMA convertor from Amazon. I bought the Rave mount from their Web site and picked up a gimbal travel bracket for a few bucks more. The total cost of everything (minus the gimbal bracket) was $327.85. Parts list below. ****. I didn't realize I spent that much. haha.

Prices w/ shipping
169.49 Flysight monitor
51.50 ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter
59.00 iOSD Mini
10.98 Anbee Circular Polarized Clover Leaf Antenna
4.97 SMA male to RP-SMA female convertor
31.91 Rave Aerial monitor mount

NOTES:
  • I've read about several heat related problems with the iOSD Mini when mounted inside the copter. I'm hoping to avoid that by drilling several holes in the case.
  • The Anbee antenna I purchased does not have the center pin needed for the ImmersionRC transmitter. I had to order a converter for this.
Testing yet to come. It's dark or else I'd be outside trying it out.

20151030_205727.jpg

20151030_212808.jpg

20151030_214953.jpg

20151030_223409.jpg

20151030_224659.jpg

20151030_224725.jpg

20151030_231302.jpg

20151030_233713.jpg

20151030_234631.jpg

z20151031_001357.jpg

Tonight I grabbed some beers and put together an FPV system for my Phantom 2. This set up is based on research I've done, and on #6 and #7 of this video series...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. I purchased the Flysight, and ImmersionRC on eBay. iOSD, antennae, and SMA convertor from Amazon. I bought the Rave mount from their Web site and picked up a gimbal travel bracket for a few bucks more. The total cost of everything (minus the gimbal bracket) was $327.85. Parts list below. ****. I didn't realize I spent that much. haha.

Prices w/ shipping
169.49 Flysight monitor
51.50 ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter
59.00 iOSD Mini
10.98 Anbee Circular Polarized Clover Leaf Antenna
4.97 SMA male to RP-SMA female convertor
31.91 Rave Aerial monitor mount

NOTES:
  • I've read about several heat related problems with the iOSD Mini when mounted inside the copter. I'm hoping to avoid that by drilling several holes in the case.
  • The Anbee antenna I purchased does not have the center pin needed for the ImmersionRC transmitter. I had to order a converter for this.
Testing yet to come. It's dark or else I'd be outside trying it out.

20151030_205727.jpg

20151030_212808.jpg

20151030_214953.jpg

20151030_223409.jpg

20151030_224659.jpg

20151030_224725.jpg

20151030_231302.jpg

20151030_233713.jpg

20151030_234631.jpg

z20151031_001357.jpg

Problem with these forums is that everyone has there own opinion regarding heat dissipation when the iOSD is installed inside the P2 shell. Well there isn't a heat problem with the iOSD being installed inside the shell. Now if DJI had an update (which isn't likely) then you'd have to open the shell.

Of course now you needed worry about heat with all those holes you bored into it. Here where I mounted mine since there's all that empty space and it has been there for more then a year.
IMG_1551.jpg

You could have saved $60 buying the Immersion and iOSD from me in the classifieds forum.

But looks good, same setup I have. Just waiting to get my gimbal back from DJI. Only difference I added is a patch antenna to my receiver since I fly around a lot of interference at my apartments.

I added a patch antenna as well, so far it got rid of my interference issues. And I mounted my iOSD mini like Jason's... he helped me out a lot with the config.

The ImmersionRC gets hot, so be a bit careful with that. Don't peel off the clear plastic...!

I added a patch antenna as well, so far it got rid of my interference issues. And I mounted my iOSD mini like Jason's... he helped me out a lot with the config.

The ImmersionRC gets hot, so be a bit careful with that. Don't peel off the clear plastic...!
Too late. haha. I pealed that plastic off thinking it would hold the heat in. Why shouldn't I have done that? Any recommendations on a specific patch antenna?

I got this one:

ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz CP Patch Antenna IRL2302

Seems to work pretty well so far...

And this is from the ImmersionRC 600 manual:

NOTE:
In the images used in this manual the protective transparent shrink-wrap is removed to be able to take clear photos, during use the shrink-wrap should NEVER be removed as it protects the electronic components fitted to the PCB and safeguards the transmitter from accidental short-circuits when in close contact with metallic or conductive (carbon fiber) surfaces. I.e. always leave the shrink-wrap on, do NOT take it off.

I got this one:

ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz CP Patch Antenna IRL2302

Seems to work pretty well so far...

And this is from the ImmersionRC 600 manual:

NOTE:
In the images used in this manual the protective transparent shrink-wrap is removed to be able to take clear photos, during use the shrink-wrap should NEVER be removed as it protects the electronic components fitted to the PCB and safeguards the transmitter from accidental short-circuits when in close contact with metallic or conductive (carbon fiber) surfaces. I.e. always leave the shrink-wrap on, do NOT take it off.
Ok. I'll be fine then. There's nothing that will make contact with it. That's a CYA statement. I did a good test today. Hilly location with some trees. 500m distance at 80m altitude is just barely starting to break up. I'm super happy with the results.

500m distance barely breaking up! Wow I must have done something wrong. I have the same setup but for antennas I'm using IB crazy blue beam ultras and the flysight flat panel.

i've got the Immersion 600mw, Blackpearl monitor but have had to add a ImmersionRC Uno when i updated to the V2 controller (it interferes) & ImmersionRC antenna's & been 468m with perfect picture

distance_zpsuticrhzb.jpg

Reactions: TomasB
i've got the Immersion 600mw, Blackpearl monitor but have had to add a ImmersionRC Uno when i updated to the V2 controller (it interferes) & ImmersionRC antenna's & been 468m with perfect picture

distance_zpsuticrhzb.jpg

You need to connect the iOSD to the computer and adjust the right side so that you all the telemetry. If you still have the instruction manual take a look at it.

You need to connect the iOSD to the computer and adjust the right side so that you all the telemetry. If you still have the instruction manual take a look at it.
the picture is fine when watching directly on the monitor, its the cheap DVR i use that crops the picture

the picture is fine when watching directly on the monitor, its the cheap DVR i use that crops the picture

It shouldn't unless you're using the wrong settings,

distance_zpsuticrhzb.jpg
So essentially it's not a dual diversity setup, when using the uno?

So essentially it's not a dual diversity setup, when using the uno?
thats right, i'm not using the BlackPearls internal receiver just using it as a monitor with the Uno using the aux input. Some say there is a compatibility issue between the Immersion & BlackPearl. All I know is its alot better with the Uno

DSCF2112_zps4ptannx1.jpg

thats right, i'm not using the BlackPearls internal receiver just using it as a monitor with the Uno using the aux input. Some say there is a compatibility issue between the Immersion & BlackPearl. All I know is its alot better with the Uno

DSCF2112_zps4ptannx1.jpg
Thanks for clearing that up:)

Some say there is a compatibility issue between the Immersion & BlackPearl. All I know is its alot better with the Uno

I heard that the incompatibility is with the 32-channel Black Pearl, not the 7-channel. That's why I got the 7. And now that I have my antenna situation figured out it all works great.

I heard that the incompatibility is with the 32-channel Black Pearl, not the 7-channel. That's why I got the 7. And now that I have my antenna situation figured out it all works great.

Now I have the 32 channel Black Pearl and it works great as well using the Immersion TX which many have complained it doesn't work with that TX.

Been meaning to ask where did you get mount for the patch antenna or did you print that yourself.

I feel like there's a lot left on the table with this setup. Antenna limited at the moment. With a more focused receiver antenna I'm sure this could be improved even more. Going for an fpvlr.com setup within a couple months. This stuff is so addictive. Lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31