FPV Issues (Looking for some help from a similar setup)

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Phantom 2 with:

-DJI iOSD mini
- Zeunmuse H4-3D
- This (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LDX65OS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) plug and play cable
- ImmersionRC 600mw 5.8GHz transmitter
- Flysight 7 Channel 5.8GHz monitor
- FatShark Spironet 5.8GHz Antenna

I'm receiving all my flight info on my monitor with no issues but I'm not getting a video feed from my GoPro Hero3+. I have also tested this with a Hero4 and have had no luck as well.

Does anyone have a similar setup that could help me isolate what the issue is? I have a feeling it's the plug and play cable but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Hello,

I have a Phantom 2 with:

-DJI iOSD mini
- Zeunmuse H4-3D
- This (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LDX65OS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) plug and play cable
- ImmersionRC 600mw 5.8GHz transmitter
- Flysight 7 Channel 5.8GHz monitor
- FatShark Spironet 5.8GHz Antenna

I'm receiving all my flight info on my monitor with no issues but I'm not getting a video feed from my GoPro Hero3+. I have also tested this with a Hero4 and have had no luck as well.

Does anyone have a similar setup that could help me isolate what the issue is? I have a feeling it's the plug and play cable but I'm not sure. Thanks!

For starters both camera and monitor have to be on NTSC in the states or PAL in europe. Next make sure that both your monitors RX ! an 2 are on the same channel. Last of all check to see what version firmware GP 3+ has. If it v03.0 the USB out is blocked and it will need to be rolled back to v2.0. When you first turn on the camera you will see the version at the very bottom of the LCD screen and it's only there for a couple of seconds.

If all that checks out to be ok then you may a damaged USB ribbon cable that plugs into the camera or the cable that connects all three gimbal motors could also be damaged.

Was this a completely new system with no crashes or did you buy it used?

For starters both camera and monitor have to be on NTSC in the states or PAL in europe. Next make sure that both your monitors RX ! an 2 are on the same channel. Last of all check to see what version firmware GP 3+ has. If it v03.0 the USB out is blocked and it will need to be rolled back to v2.0. When you first turn on the camera you will see the version at the very bottom of the LCD screen and it's only there for a couple of seconds.

If all that checks out to be ok then you may a damaged USB ribbon cable that plugs into the camera or the cable that connects all three gimbal motors could also be damaged.

Was this a completely new system with no crashes or did you buy it used?

- Monitor is on NTSC. Flying in California.
- Monitor is on the correct channel as the scopes from the iOSD mini still appear clearly on the screen
- GP3+ is downgraded to 2.00. Strange since I had this camera on a higher firmware with no issues before.

I've replaced the ribbon cable that goes to the camera twice already and I'm still having the same issue. Had a friend who repairs camera equipment take a look at the gimbal cable as well and he could not see any pinching or issues that would not give me a video signal from the camera. Entire system was bought brand new. Running out of ideas for what the problem could be.

The only other possibility would be a damaged ribbon cable running to all three motors or even the 8 pin gray cable. You cannot see if the video trace is broken you need to trace it from the USB to the cam socket inside the shell with VOM for continuity. When you remove the USB connector from the ribbon the bottom to traces are ground/video and the cam socket pin 1 is video and pin 2 is ground working from left to right. Just because the iosd is working does not mean from the cam socket to the camera is good as the iosd is powered from a different source and passes its info through half of the pnp cable.

Also the continuity from pins 1 and 2 of the cam socket to the TX as there may be a problem between the cam socket and the iosd but do this test last. Could just have a bad pnp or a damaged pin in the iosd video input or even a defective iosd.

Anything and everything is possible in electronics.

The only other possibility would be a damaged ribbon cable running to all three motors or even the 8 pin gray cable. You cannot see if the video trace is broken you need to trace it from the USB to the cam socket inside the shell with VOM for continuity. When you remove the USB connector from the ribbon the bottom to traces are ground/video and the cam socket pin 1 is video and pin 2 is ground working from left to right. Just because the iosd is working does not mean from the cam socket to the camera is good as the iosd is powered from a different source and passes its info through half of the pnp cable.

Also the continuity from pins 1 and 2 of the cam socket to the TX as there may be a problem between the cam socket and the iosd but do this test last. Could just have a bad pnp or a damaged pin in the iosd video input or even a defective iosd.

Anything and everything is possible in electronics.

Thank you! Would you happen to know anyone in the SF Bay Area that is well versed in this sort of thing? I'm gonna open my drone up again and take a look but knowing there's someone around that can also look would be extremely reassuring.

Taking a look around isn't going to help you. Why go to Home Depot and pickup VOM (volt ohm meter) with continuity ringer and if you do not know what mean then ask HD electric associate for help. Those meters are under $60 bucks
IMG_1551.jpg

This video will show you video/ground traces you need to use in order to check continuity from the ribbon cable to the pins 1 an 2 on the cam socket. I am not sure which is is ground or video.

Taking a look around isn't going to help you. Why go to Home Depot and pickup VOM (volt ohm meter) with continuity ringer and if you do not know what mean then ask HD electric associate for help. Those meters are under $60 bucks
View attachment 71820
This video will show you video/ground traces you need to use in order to check continuity from the ribbon cable to the pins 1 an 2 on the cam socket. I am not sure which is is ground or video.

I usually learn better while talking with someone in person about these sorts of things, which is why I asked, but thank you for the diagram and video. Appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik