Phantom 2 - Constant Beeping and Error 27

Reaction score
Hi everyone and greetings from South Africa :)

I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue and could help me?

I bought a P2 a few months ago, now I dont like storing batteries at maximum capacity for extended periods of time so I decided to run them down with the props off one chilly winter evening.

I ran down the first one and stored it away with no problems, upon plugging in my second battery I was greeted with the following problem...

When booting up the P2 I get constant beeping, red and yellow lights flashing (indicating a compass issue). I plug the P2 into the assistant software and I get an Error 27.

I have tried the following to remedy the problem:

I have tried to recalibrate in numerous areas around where I live.
I have tried the magnet around the compass trick (DJI told me to)
I have tried factory resetting the drone and redoing the firmware.

So far its a dead duck. :(

Here is a video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi everyone and greetings from South Africa :)

I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue and could help me?

I bought a P2 a few months ago, now I dont like storing batteries at maximum capacity for extended periods of time so I decided to run them down with the props off one chilly winter evening.

I ran down the first one and stored it away with no problems, upon plugging in my second battery I was greeted with the following problem...

When booting up the P2 I get constant beeping, red and yellow lights flashing (indicating a compass issue). I plug the P2 into the assistant software and I get an Error 27.

I have tried the following to remedy the problem:

I have tried to recalibrate in numerous areas around where I live.
I have tried the magnet around the compass trick (DJI told me to)
I have tried factory resetting the drone and redoing the firmware.

So far its a dead duck. :(

Here is a video:

DJI has a bad habit of give very poor information in how to solve a problem. If you used their suggestion to use a magnet you more than likely made your problem worse. Watch this video in how to restore your compass settings. Also was the GPS module plugged into the main board at the time you took this video?

Also make sure to do an advanced IMU calibration on alevel surface.

DJI has a bad habit of give very poor information in how to solve a problem. If you used their suggestion to use a magnet you more than likely made your problem worse. Watch this video in how to restore your compass settings. Also was the GPS module plugged into the main board at the time you took this video?

Also make sure to do an advanced IMU calibration on alevel surface.

Thanks for the reply jason! The GPS module was plugged in and yup, this is the same video I have followed for quite some time! DJI told me to to watch this video. I have tried everything from a strong silver magnet to a little fridge magnet over the space of a few days and hours on end. Nothing has helped. I have ordered a new compass which arrives tomorrow hoping. My worry is that the whole compass magnet scenario only does yellow and red flashes, not beeps like this P2 does as well. Im dreading thats a whole different issue? All this from draining a battery. Oh yes and running the latest firmware if that helps.

When you said this happened from draining a battery. How far did you drain it? And does it happen with any other battery?

When you said this happened from draining a battery. How far did you drain it? And does it happen with any other battery?

Down to 5-10% to cycle it. The other battery I used after where the errors started was still at about 75%. The bleeping and compass issues started as soon as I powered on the second battery. I have since tried both fully charged. No difference.

Down to 5-10% to cycle it. The other battery I used after where the errors started was still at about 75%. The bleeping and compass issues started as soon as I powered on the second battery. I have since tried both fully charged. No difference.

Watch this video:

If it is such an issue then why are people flying down to 15% and landing? To be honest this is the lowest I have let a P2 smart battery down past 15 %. I generally have brought it down to 35% and change batteries. So it's definitely not a battery issue.

Well noted, I know. I play airsoft and use lipos there too mate! Still does not solve my P2 issue. :(

What software are you using? Have you considered resetting the naza module and reloading the firmware?

Latest assistant build.

I have tried factory resetting. Using the two pins on the naza unit and re installing the firmware. Problem still persists. :(

Latest assistant build.

I have tried factory resetting. Using the two pins on the naza unit and re installing the firmware. Problem still persists. :(

Look in your download folder and see if you still have P2 assistant software v3.6 and if you do do the reset again and download the older firmware from your download file

I have also noticed that everytime I enable Phantom to Naza mode in the assistant software then power off and power back on its not saving parameters. I power on and load the assistant software its back on Phantom mode.

Well... I replaced the compass with a brand new compass and nothing has changed. Same beeps. Same error 27. I guess flogging this thing as spare parts is the way to go. Local supplier here where I live and DJI support as a whole is a big let down. Storm 8 here I come, atleast parts and service through Helipal has been extremely efficient from many of my experiences. Not to mention affordable batteries. :p

Reactions: TeamYankee
Well... I replaced the compass with a brand new compass and nothing has changed. Same beeps. Same error 27. I guess flogging this thing as spare parts is the way to go. Local supplier here where I live and DJI support as a whole is a big let down. Storm 8 here I come, atleast parts and service through Helipal has been extremely efficient from many of my experiences. Not to mention affordable batteries. :p

Have you tried turning the internet off before uploading firmware version v3.6 from your download file?

Im not sure what you mean. Iv used assistant software 3.6 not 3.8. Installed it. Factory reset and then reinstaled via 3.6 assistant software.

I have tried 3.6, it still only gives me an update to the latest 3.14, nothing older :(

Im not sure what you mean. Iv used assistant software 3.6 not 3.8. Installed it. Factory reset and then reinstaled via 3.6 assistant software.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant. Did you download v3.6 assistant software and did it tell you that you needed to download v3.8 (which of course is the latest). I would opt out and download v3.6. Now if you are downloading v3.6 from your DOWNLOAD FILE ON YOUR COMPUTER and can shutoff your internet connection you should any message telling you that you have the latest software.

Which windows are you running on your computer? In windows 7 click on the computer icon and your download file is under FAVORITES and it's the same in windows 8.1. Once in that file all you need to do is scroll until you find it. If you also find v3.8 in that file delete it. Of course you'll have do another hard reset of the naza module..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers