Phantom 1/FC40 with gimbal

Just a quick update on my own issues with the 3-axis DYS gimbal, it sets itself ok but sometimes when powered-up it levels but steadies itself at about 30 degrees off-centre to the bird. If I move it with my hand it stays facing forward and then works in all 3 axies. However, try as I might I cannot get it to move in the pitch angle from my controller. I have input values as given in various YouTube videos and the angle shows-up correctly in flight assistant. I think I need to check the connections to the NAZAM..?

Yeah, thanx. I'm trying it out now, but no matter what i do, no matter what i calibrate, the gimbal shakes in every axis. Dang it.

If you want, you can post your settings, just to have a look.
You should double check some very basic things that , being so easy, sometimes are the first font of trouble.
1)Sure that motor servos are connected not reversed?(both or even one). I realize you connect 2 gimbals to the controller: this means that you disconnect motors of one gimbal from the controller.
2)Sure that you did not swap the pitch and roll motors?
3)All the wires connecting the IMU to the controller are connected and the connector is firmly in place?
4)Are you powering the gimbal with 3S battery? If not, try this.
5)Next time you power on the gimbal, disconnect the remote commands from NazaM to see if it stabilizes

Just a quick update on my own issues with the 3-axis DYS gimbal, it sets itself ok but sometimes when powered-up it levels but steadies itself at about 30 degrees off-centre to the bird. If I move it with my hand it stays facing forward and then works in all 3 axies. However, try as I might I cannot get it to move in the pitch angle from my controller. I have input values as given in various YouTube videos and the angle shows-up correctly in flight assistant. I think I need to check the connections to the NAZAM..?

In Nazam Assistant the Gimbal switch is ON?
And the pitch limits are from 1000 and -1000?
Does the gimbal controller is programmed to receive pitch signal in PWM?
Finally remember that the signal of X2 pitch channel in NazaM is the pin at the bottom and ground the pin at the top.Ground connection to gimbal is mandatory if you power gimbal and Phantom with different batteries, otherwise you can connect the signal wire only.
What is your DYS model?Smart3,Marcia or?

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful tips. Gimbal switch in Nazam assistant is ON with values set to for pitch to 1000 and -1000 and programmed for PWM. I am powering the gimbal from the onboard 3S LiPo so tonight I will check that I connected the signal wire into the correct port on the Nazam. I will post an update tonight. Thank you once again for the help!

Phew..! At last I have the gimbal working as I (hope) it should. Nice smooth pitch movement and it stays good n steady on the bird, well at least while I'm holding it in my hand! Problem? Simple incorrect connection of leads into the Nazam. Just goes to show how easy it is to get things wrong, how frustrating things can get, and how simple they look when you work out the fault - with the help of guys on here! Now all I have to do is fly the **** thing..!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic