Phantom 1 Drone 1Yellow 3Red Error HELP

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1 Drone that I am trying to repair for a school project. When I received the nonfunctioning drone, I was told that it was sold because the previous owner removed the propeller guards, but put the same screws back in(which were longer than the originals because of the guard) and screwed right into the motors. I have since replaced all four motors, and in doing so dealt with a plethora of error codes. The one the I'm stuck on is a flashing yellow and ten three red flashes. Although I guess it could be three red flashes and then one yellow. According to the Led Descriptions (see attached), it means GPA signal <5 Atti. What does this mean? How do I fix it?

I called the tech support line and they told me to recalibrated the compass. I did this, and nothing changed. I called back and they said to connected it to the NAZAM DJI Assistant on a computer and check the IMU Status and Reset the BTU info. I did this too and nothing changed. I also advanced calibrated it. I called the support line again, and they said there was nothing they could do. Please help me. I've never dealt with drones until now, and I just wanna pass this class.

Attachments

• LED DESCRIPTIONS.png
    LED DESCRIPTIONS.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 369
The led flash code shows you have a weak GPS signal which could be due to being indoors?? Have you tried powering up outside? Will the motors start up?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The led flash code shows you have a weak GPS signal which could be due to being indoors?? Have you tried powering up outside? Will the motors start up?
I tried powering it up outside, and it did nothing. The motors do start.

I tried powering it up outside, and it did nothing. The motors do start.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say it did nothing. If it powers up and the motors start then thats a good sign. That means the remote and the drone are communicating properly and it's likely flyable. Although with the GPS issue indicated by the leds I don't know how stable it would fly so if you are gonna test fly it be very careful in an open area and stay close. I know absolutely nothing about the Phantom 1 (I have a Phantom 3 Pro) so I can't help diagnose what the problem could be.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it did nothing. If it powers up and the motors start then thats a good sign. That means the remote and the drone are communicating properly and it's likely flyable. Although with the GPS issue indicated by the leds I don't know how stable it would fly so if you are gonna test fly it be very careful in an open area and stay close. I know absolutely nothing about the Phantom 1 (I have a Phantom 3 Pro) so I can't help diagnose what the problem could be.
Sorry, to clarify, I had the same error code come up as when I did it inside. I'll try to fly it and see how it goes. Thanks for your help!

Sorry, to clarify, I had the same error code come up as when I did it inside. I'll try to fly it and see how it goes. Thanks for your help!
Good luck!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic