pcb part 76 arrived today.....need help

Reaction score
Hello. Finally the new pcb came. I have mixed feelings of joy and fear of combining a trouble. I do not know firmware uses the card but i know phantom now has 1.7.9.
I would like some advice on how to make the best substitute. I have no problems in welding and electronic part but I would like advice on how to handle different versions of firmware between gimbal, pcb, battery and remote control.
In your opinion, just update the firmware directly to version 1.7.9. Or is it better to check if the new card uses an older version and then try to go back with the debug mode?

This is the ultimate hope to remedy the problem of the 5.8 ghz distance

Attachments

• 20170530_105753.jpg
    20170530_105753.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 446
Ok. I fit the new pcb. After power up I re link the rc. Obviously the firmware of new pcb are different with other elements.
New pcb has a 1.2.4 and all other parts has 1.7.9.
I would like to step down every components to 1.2.4
It seems to be the best firmware for long range issue.
What is the best method to pull down firmware version?

made the change yesterday.
for who need to make this change i would like to write my experience... i hope it may help:
- original firmware on last configuration : 1.7.94
- change bird mainboard de-soldered and resoldered motor and light wires
- at power on relink rc to bird
- go app show 1.2.4 version on bird with many error and no controller effect on bird.
first attempt to reallign all phantom board firmware:
- try to install 1.2.4 with debug to force with no good result. 3 error: barometer, main controller data, imu
- try imu cal with bad result.
- try to upgrade to 1.5.7 with debug with no good result. still remain all error
- try again imu cal. now gimbal respond to movement from rc but still error with no other rc control
- try to upgrade to 1.7.9 but situation still like 1.5.7.
- finally upgrade to 1.7.94 with debug and all goes right. no error.
- apply papatita powermagic to 27 dbm and remove 5.8 2w amp.

in this afternoon i'll make a range test with only DBS antenna.

hi.

Reactions: dchao
ok guys. the problem of phantom 3 range is the mainboard.
i reach 1.5km with DBS without 2w amplifier.
before pcb substitution reach max 100m.

Glad you fixed it. I don't think anyone knows wether FW updates are breaking hardware or it's just coincidence and maybe many units just have bad hardware that fails easily, but I believe all these range issues are definitely hardware and once you get a range issue, there's no way to fix with FW downgrades or anything else other than replacing the unit or pcb. I'm hoping this 3rd refurbished unit I bought will have more reliable 5.8 hardware than the last two did. I hope your new pcb is more reliable as well. So far, so good after 5 or 6 flights.

Glad you fixed it. I don't think anyone knows wether FW updates are breaking hardware or it's just coincidence and maybe many units just have bad hardware that fails easily, but I believe all these range issues are definitely hardware and once you get a range issue, there's no way to fix with FW downgrades or anything else other than replacing the unit or pcb. I'm hoping this 3rd refurbished unit I bought will have more reliable 5.8 hardware than the last two did. I hope your new pcb is more reliable as well. So far, so good after 5 or 6 flights.
Yes....i believe too. The marked revision on pbc has many number aftery old pcb. It was extracted from a refurbished drone.

Ah....i saw another bird feedback during last flight.
With old mainboard the rc signal goes up and down by bird rotation. With new one no happen anymore, he signal stranght remain on the same level.

It seems to be good. The new hardware still in good condition after thermal summer sun exposure. I made many flight without problem. Another positive result is about fly range with the bird over my head.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4