Payload release project

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of my P3P with the new payload release system. I'm using it for hanging ham radio antennas in trees. Great tool for that purpose. A little off balance but I wanted to use the camera for aiming..

final assembly.JPG

Very nice --- how do you activate the drop?

I have the UBuyWeRush drop device installed on my P3P and it works well --- drop is activated by turning on/off the front LEDs in the GO app.

Given the intended use it seems very convenient.... i.e. easy to don/doff as required.

Reactions: ResOps

I have the UBuyWeRush drop device installed on my P3P and it works well --- drop is activated by turning on/off the front LEDs in the GO app.

I am using an old RC plane remote controller and receiver Within ezflyte servoless payload release, Works awesome

A variation on the same theme - Phantom 3 Standard

Last edited:

Do they make one for the DJi inspire 1? And if so, where can I get one?

Activation of the lights triggers a light sensor switch to operate the servo - the kit will fit any drone if a suitable mount for the sensor can be fabricated
IMG_20180808_234250_886.jpg

Just a comment .. if you want to power any servo or item without added weight of an additional battery ... note that a FrSky or similar Rx with micro servo will work down to about 3.2V in fact ... (forget Spektrum as the low voltage threshold is high)...

To power any accessory - it easy.

Create a two battery clip for your DJI battery ... its actually 2 Z bend strips that slide in with main battery so you tap of power from your DJI pack. This is basically a 4S supply ... so a simple 2 - 3gr uBEC will drop the voltage down to 5,5V ....... the power draw is miniscule and will hardly affect flight time.

You can get ultra small Rx's that work up to 2km ... etc. No need to overload your Phantom ...

Me I think about it at times .. have drawn up various layouts for it ... using :

FrSky 4ch micro 2.4Ghx Rx
uBEC
Battery connector
Glider release 3D printed with 4gr linear servo.

Total on-board weight less than the Futaba Rx shown in first post !
Drop initiated by any standard Tx with FrSky format .. 9x, 9xr etc.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor