Pause to take photos during POI (djigo) or Orbit (litchi)

Reaction score
I normally use litchi but sometimes use djigo. My question: Is there a way to pause in orbit mode and snap a photo and then continue flying? If I flip the switch from F to P I have to set up a new POI/Orbit, I think. When I am asked to take photos from all 8 compass points at the same height, the POI/Orbit mode would come in handy if I can just stop every 45 degrees and take a photo. Thanks

I'm a little confused,
Does Post #7 help you out.
Trying to understand DJIFlightPlanner and Litchi

Rod
Yes, let me explain better. Both the DJIgo app and the litchi app have a point of interest mode where you fly in a circle around a given point of interest--let's say it is a commercial building. I bid on a project where the client wanted 8 photos taken at 350 feet from all 8 compass points at the same distance from the building, framing the entire building with 1/8 of the photo taking up the horizon. It would be nice to use the POI mode (called Orbit in Litchi) and pause at each of the 8 points to snap a photo. But you have to switch from F Mode to P mode, which ends the mission. Then you have to reset the mission. Anyway, I found another way to do this--use what is called the Focus mode on litchi. I have to be more careful to keep the quad at the same elevation, but I think it will do what I would like to do. If you are not familiar with litchi, you can read about it at flylitchi.com.

I normally use litchi but sometimes use djigo. My question: Is there a way to pause in orbit mode and snap a photo and then continue flying? If I flip the switch from F to P I have to set up a new POI/Orbit, I think. When I am asked to take photos from all 8 compass points at the same height, the POI/Orbit mode would come in handy if I can just stop every 45 degrees and take a photo. Thanks
Have you tried just hitting the pause button on the controller during a Litchi orbit mission? I do that, take a picture, then hit the pause button again to resume the orbit. I've attached the Airdata record of part of a flight, and you'll see that I took 8 photos, just as you want to do. They aren't exactly spaced at the compass points, but I was more interested in testing the concept than in getting perfect shots on this flight.
peach orchards near blend plant-1.jpg

Reactions: RodPad
Have you tried just hitting the pause button on the controller during a Litchi orbit mission? I do that, take a picture, then hit the pause button again to resume the orbit. I've attached the Airdata record of part of a flight, and you'll see that I took 8 photos, just as you want to do. They aren't exactly spaced at the compass points, but I was more interested in testing the concept than in getting perfect shots on this flight.
View attachment 93783
Thanks, I have never noticed the pause button. I will check that out the next time it is nice enough to fly again here in Chicago. Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl