Painted! Flat black

I flew it tonight and it was all good. No problems so far
You may not be able to tell if they are out of balance by simply flying them-- you should check the balance on a balancer-- sorry to get off topic here.

Reading this thread about “customizing” …
-
Hey, I just thought of something. Do any of you remember using clothes pins to attach playing cards to your bike so that they rubbed against the spokes? Remember that cool sound?!?
Flash forward to our Phantoms.
-
: ^ O (!)
-
Hey, I’m only fool’n. (Like they already don’t make enough noise)!

Reading this thread about “customizing” …
-
Hey, I just thought of something. Do any of you remember using clothes pins to attach playing cards to your bike so that they rubbed against the spokes? Remember that cool sound?!?
Flash forward to our Phantoms.
-
: ^ O (!)
-
Hey, I’m only fool’n. (Like they already don’t make enough noise)!
Used to do that:D:D:D:D about 65 years ago LOL

Reactions: Seadog
UPDATE TOP FIRST...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443401907.095777.jpg

Reactions: bobmyers
Looking forward to seeing it complete.

RedHotPoker

Will it not hurt the VPS system? I admit I have no clue one way or the other.

I masked tape the all the vents and sensors, I will pant all that by hand since I didn't want to take it apart.
Ah that makes sense. Good deal :)

Has anyone tried Rit Dye on DJI parts? It's a dye available at Walgreens or CVS, usually meant for clothes, but it's popular on gun forums for dying plastic gun parts. I usually have a bottle of black on hand, but there are colors, too!

Or how about Plasti Dip? There is a guy by me that I'm thinking of having him dip my car this spring after I get my new hood. I'm looking at doing pearl white; it would be fun to have a matching drone in pearl white as well. The best thing about Plasti Dip is that it's completely removable if you don't like it. It basically peels off. The number of colors and finishes available is pretty impressive.

Has anyone tried Rit Dye on DJI parts? It's a dye available at Walgreens or CVS, usually meant for clothes, but it's popular on gun forums for dying plastic gun parts. I usually have a bottle of black on hand, but there are colors, too!

Or how about Plasti Dip? There is a guy by me that I'm thinking of having him dip my car this spring after I get my new hood. I'm looking at doing pearl white; it would be fun to have a matching drone in pearl white as well. The best thing about Plasti Dip is that it's completely removable if you don't like it. It basically peels off. The number of colors and finishes available is pretty impressive.
Someone here said rit dye worked for them, but in my case on my p2v i tried and failed with rit and succeed with iDye Poly.....rit worked for props but needed iDye Poly for the body and camera assembly.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4