PadHat sheild for IPad air review

Hello Everyone,

This is the CEO of HoodiVision.

I wish this was for other reasons but here we go:

On another thread skyhighdiver used derogatory scatological terms to trash our product.

After Kevin from customer service tried to engage him in a positive manner he continued to trash our product with disrespectful terminology.

As Kevin stated many times, we welcome respectful constructive criticism.

I am also very clear to our customer service representatives that they always point out the great qualities and attributes that PadHat shades, and no other shades, offer.

We offer the same 30 day unconditional and full year guarantee on materials and construction to all customers, but since Kevin had already offered in public on the thread to exchange or refund before knowing that the shade had been sewn up the sides, he asked and I said go ahead and honor the offer, which we did.

Because skyhighdiver continued to trash the product I decided to give him a call and ask, respectfully and with good will, why he needed to use crude language when we were being respectful and trying to help resolve the situation.

There was no bullying.

I called at a respectful time.

I listened respectfully to all he had to say.

I asked if he owned his own business, which he did, and pointed out that even though we will not go out of business because of a bad comment, that they can take a lot of work to put in real context because some people are much more likely to take the time to post disrespectful negative comments, even when most people are very pleased with the product.

(I am very pleased and humbled to see how many pilots do take the time to give positive and respectful comments on the Inspire and Phantom forums and I sincerely thank you for that.)

When I asked why he used the terminology he used he interrupted angrily, asked if we were in California, and then went into some sort of political rant about "Namby pamby Californians...", which truly shocked me.

Stunned I said "You are making this political...?" to which he said "Yes, I guess I am!"

At first my "jaw on the ground reaction" was to state he has no idea who I am and that there are plenty of conservatives in California before realizing it was pointless to continue...

He hung up.

I am sincerely sorry for anyone who is compelled to interact in such a manner and I am sure he must have his personal reasons.

But we are here to service our customers, present the facts and attributes about our shades and continue to research and sell the best products on the market.

Thanks to all of great customers, and let me repeat again that we encourage all respectful criticism, ideas and comments, and next time I comment on one of the forums it will be for a positive reason.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

This is the CEO of HoodiVision.

I wish this was for other reasons but here we go:

On another thread skyhighdiver used derogatory scatological terms to trash our product.

After Kevin from customer service tried to engage him in a positive manner he continued to trash our product with disrespectful terminology.

As Kevin stated many times, we welcome respectful constructive criticism.

I am also very clear to our customer service representatives that they always point out the great qualities and attributes that PadHat shades, and no other shades, offer.

We offer the same 30 day unconditional and full year guarantee on materials and construction to all customers, but since Kevin had already offered in public on the thread to exchange or refund before knowing that the shade had been sewn up the sides, he asked and I said go ahead and honor the offer, which we did.

Because skyhighdiver continued to trash the product I decided to give him a call and ask, respectfully and with good will, why he needed to use crude language when we were being respectful and trying to help resolve the situation.

There was no bullying.

I called at a respectful time.

I listened respectfully to all he had to say.

I asked if he owned his own business, which he did, and pointed out that even though we will not go out of business because of a bad comment, that they can take a lot of work to put in real context because some people are much more likely to take the time to post disrespectful negative comments, even when most people are very pleased with the product.

(I am very pleased and humbled to see how many pilots do take the time to give positive and respectful comments on the Inspire and Phantom forums and I sincerely than you for that.)

When I asked why he used the terminology he used he interrupted angrily, asked if we were in California, and then went into some sort of political rant about "Namby pamby Californians...", which truly shocked me.

Stunned I said "You are making this political...?" to which he said "Yes, I guess I am!"

At first my "jaw on the ground reaction" was to state he has no idea who I am and that there are plenty of conservatives in California before realizing it was pointless to continue...

He hung up.

I am sincerely sorry for anyone who is compelled to interact in such a manner and I am sure he must have his personal reasons.

But we are here to service our customers, present the facts and attributes about our shades and continue to research and sell the best products on the market.

Thanks to all of great customers, and let me repeat again that we encourage all respectful criticism, ideas and comments, and next time I comment on one of the forums it will be for a positive reason.

Wow really and we are suppose to believe this crap because it comes from a CEO .
I am A CEO,PRESIDENT AND OWNER OF A LARGE ELECTRICAL COMPANY Who does more business in a month than you do in a year. Just take it that not everyone loves your product. and drop it. Every time Im asked I will state my opinion on it and others may choose to tyr it or not I don't care.
I am just using my free right to express my opinion. Rather you are offended or not is not my problem. So stop with the attacks on me because I have a different opinion than you

Last edited:
Mods--Can we just close this thread??? It's going nowhere...

Dude, you voided the warranty by altering it, yet they still gave you a refund. You then continued to post negative comments about the company, even after them going out of their way to make you happy! We get it, you didn't like the product. Fair enough. That should have been the end of it. I would suggest that you be very careful in continuing to bash the product........................ companies have every right to protect their reputation in the wild west of the Internet. Of course they're taking it personal! It's their livelihood! Most "fair" reviewers would have stated something along the lines of they didn't like the product, but the company went out of their way to refund you the complete price, even though they didn't have to, and tried everything else to make you happy, including a personal phone call from the owner! Sheesh, man! You're the one that needs to let it go!

People are entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to respond to criticism. They can share it as long as they don't overshare it. However, this is not the place to vent customer/vendor issues. Bickering back and forth is not allowed. Any further posts to that effect will earn points (not the good kind).

Reactions: HoodiVision
One disappointed reviewer who vents on a forum will not dissuade the mass population from purchasing a product as anyone with half a brain will look at the overall and make their own decision.

However, I was actually going to get one of these after seeing on this thread regardless of one guys problem with it because it looks good. I must say that I was more put off by the company fueling and engaging in a pissing contest. "The CEO" response sealed the deal for me. You have a lot to learn about being "The CEO". Trust me on this. Also, please keep posting other products and/or companies you introduce so I can stay away.

Everyone needs to stop crying.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Well I just got back from using my PadHat on my iPad Air2 and it works better than I expected. I could view the entire screen with the ipad at a 45 degree angle, which is the normal position for me. I must have gotten an upgraded version because I have no sagging and don't need to tilt the ipad or FC forward to be able to see the top of the screen. Works as advertised and worth the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoodiVision

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20