P4PV2 - Buy or Wait?

The only reason I'd think about upgrading from my P4P is because of the ocusync. I hardly ever use my goggles now because they fog up so bad here in Florida that that's not really a reason for me to upgrade.
Agreed, this is my reasoning for saving up for the V 2.0. Ocusync behaves differently than Lightbridge when the video feed degrades due to interference(in my experience), it degrades gradually, instead of just dropping out all of a sudden without warning, giving you the opportunity to adjust your flight path to compensate.

WAIT. No first run product from DJI has ever worked right on release. Just like no iPhone, Android Phone etc. They use consumers as Beta Testers then fix the problems as they come out. Wait.

Reactions: whitelineNI
WAIT. No first run product from DJI has ever worked right on release. Just like no iPhone, Android Phone etc. They use consumers as Beta Testers then fix the problems as they come out. Wait.
Like a lot of things that get repeated frequently in the forums, it isn't true.
I bought a P4 pro a day after the release announcement more than 1.5 yrs ago.
It's still working perfectly just as it did the day I got it.
Many other users have a similar experience.
My P3s performed similarly.
DJI have a lot of experience designing and producing their drones and they get a lot of real testing before release.

I have no experience with iPhones but I suspect your generalisation about Android phones wouldn't stand up either.

Hello guys, I’m new in this group and I would like to know your thoughts about this model!

Is it worth the investment!? Better to wait new version?!

Of course, answers can be related to what I’m looking for and what I want to have on the drone.

Then, yes I’m looking for the next level as previous experiences came with smaller drones with poor options and cameras.

Hope we can have a nice discussion and hear your opinions.

Cheers!
If you do wait, the changes may be ever so slight that they may not be something that would make a big difference to you. It's a coin toss.

Reactions: RRL
Hello guys, I’m new in this group and I would like to know your thoughts about this model!

Of course, answers can be related to what I’m looking for and what I want to have on the drone.

Then, yes I’m looking for the next level as previous experiences came with smaller drones with poor options and cameras.

Cheers!
wait for another 20 years, they will have 64k cameras with 24 hour battery

From reviews I have read, the different between lightbridge and occusync when it comes to video feed stability is negligable. I'm curious to learn more about what is more stable and over what distances with what obstacles.

RoOSTA

So i had a v1 now a v2.....v1 lets just say doing a distance run..... U had to gradually gain alt as u went out in distance....sort of like linear....5.8 on auto was awesone....but on the v2 i can be out under 400 ft and not have to keep gaining alt. They are about same with obstacle although i do note that i can be very low and not lose signal or worse abruptly lose it.....so in a spot i always fly at i would have to be 200 ft with v1. I notice with v2 i can be down at 50 ft and not lose signal.....v2 livestream seems clearer then v1 (more crispy)

Does DJI still implement the classified/restricted airspace annoyance on their drones? I am a licensed remote pilot. I have enough paperwork to do to get FAA approval and do not want the hassle of their software not working or causing issues for me. I understand it is a safety thing, but for us licensed pilots it is nothing more than a huge nuisance. Anyone know if you still need to click on stuff to approve the flight and submit paperwork for areas in red on DJI map?
My issue is, when their servers go down and/or their map is in-correct, I'm going to be losing money because I can't fly according to DJI, but I am 100% legal according to the FAA.

Reactions: Maddy
Does DJI still implement the classified/restricted airspace annoyance on their drones? I am a licensed remote pilot. I have enough paperwork to do to get FAA approval and do not want the hassle of their software not working or causing issues for me. I understand it is a safety thing, but for us licensed pilots it is nothing more than a huge nuisance. Anyone know if you still need to click on stuff to approve the flight and submit paperwork for areas in red on DJI map?
My issue is, when their servers go down and/or their map is in-correct, I'm going to be losing money because I can't fly according to DJI, but I am 100% legal according to the FAA.

I've tried in Red areas. The drone sits like a duck waiting for some extensive paperwork. I was curiuos to see if anything had improved, but no way. DJI are claiming ownership over our flights and what should be our professional responability.

:(

R

How about yellow and green areas? Any issues? What happens if you fly in an area with overlapping green areas or an area that has yellow and green overlapping?

How about yellow and green areas? Any issues? What happens if you fly in an area with overlapping green areas or an area that has yellow and green overlapping?

I recieved a mail from DJI support. According to the mail you can apply for fly permissions in yellow areas directly from the GO - app..

Actually it is already available in GO APP for Authorized Zones (yellow color zone)

We now provide the Advance Unlocking for the GEO system so that you can unlock Yellow Authorization Zones by yourself.

Here are two methods of unlocking Authorization Zones by yourself.
Please refer to the link for more help:

1. Use the latest DJI GO/GO 4 app and log in with your DJI account. When you are in the zone area, please make sure the mobile device has internet access. There will be a warning message in the DJI GO/GO 4 app asking you to unlock the zone. Then please follow the instruction in the app to unlock the Authorization Zone.

2. If you will not be able to access the internet in the Authorization Zone, you can use the Flight Planner on the GEO website to unlock it in advance. You will need to enter your devices flight controller serial number which can be found in the DJI GO/GO 4 app General Setting->About page.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Cheers!

Answer completely depends on what you want to do with it.

I recieved a mail from DJI support. According to the mail you can apply for fly permissions in yellow areas directly from the GO - app..

Actually it is already available in GO APP for Authorized Zones (yellow color zone)

We now provide the Advance Unlocking for the GEO system so that you can unlock Yellow Authorization Zones by yourself.

Here are two methods of unlocking Authorization Zones by yourself.
Please refer to the link for more help:

1. Use the latest DJI GO/GO 4 app and log in with your DJI account. When you are in the zone area, please make sure the mobile device has internet access. There will be a warning message in the DJI GO/GO 4 app asking you to unlock the zone. Then please follow the instruction in the app to unlock the Authorization Zone.

2. If you will not be able to access the internet in the Authorization Zone, you can use the Flight Planner on the GEO website to unlock it in advance. You will need to enter your devices flight controller serial number which can be found in the DJI GO/GO 4 app General Setting->About page.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
After reviewing a true aviation map and comparing to the DJI map – – it allows you to fly in areas where you actually need permission. What’s the purpose of this software if it’s not even implemented correctly? Seems like nothing more than a pain in the butt to me

Hello guys, I’m back to tell you that I appreciated all your time coming here and sharing you experience/opinions.
I bought the P4P+ v2 and I’m just in love. I have been flying around and done some pictures to share with you.

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg
Snapseed.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Nice mate. Enjoy. Don't break it...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics