P4pro remote wityh mavic?

No. It's not compatible.

I have not tried it. The P4P uses Lightbridge and the Mavic uses OcuSync.

I have not tried it. The P4P uses Lightbridge and the Mavic uses OcuSync.
Is it possible ocu-sync uses the same improved lightbridge that the P4P uses, except ocu-sync has the Wi-Fi option on the Mavic? After all, both are rated to support the identical 4.3 mi range. This would also allow the new goggles to work with both craft. Do you think DJI is that smart?

Would be nice if we could bind the p4pro remote to mavic. Anyone know ???
Oddly enough the new CrystalSky controller will work with the Mavic, Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, etc. It seems like the $300 display that comes with the P4P+ is a slightly watered down version of the 5" CrystalSky display... i.e., it does not have the physical buttons on the right hand side of the display. It will be interesting to see if the P4P+ controller is itself actually backwards compatible with all drones.

The write up for the CrystalSky is:

The CrystalSky comes in 5.5 (920×1080) or 7.85-inch( 2048 x 1536) configurations, offering an ultra-bright screen designed for daylight settings that the company claims is up to four times brighter than a standard handset at 2000 cd/m².

The screen ships with DJI’s Go app embedded, decoding video in real time from the on-board camera with minimal latency, so the pilot can use it to navigate the drone around — particularly useful in the case of the newly announced Inspire 2, which adds a second camera to capture first-person flight video.

The monitor has two SD slots, an HDMI port for video output and built-in dual band Wi-Fi — or users can plug-in a MiFi dongle via the on-board USB-A port. The system is compatible with the company’s Mavic, Phantom, Inspire and Matrice lines.

Is it possible ocu-sync uses the same improved lightbridge that the P4P uses, except ocu-sync has the Wi-Fi option on the Mavic?
The only thing I know for sure is they both aren't using the same technology. It's probably similar though.

As for the goggles, I'd be surprised if they aren't compatible with the P4P too.

As for the goggles, I'd be surprised if they aren't compatible with the P4P too.

I agree, it would be a mistake if the goggles didn't work with P4P, however it might use HDMI for P4P and I2. Ideally they will work wirelessly like Mavic. If that's the case then this new lightbridge with 4.3 mile range is the same protocol between Mavic, P4P and I2. The Mavic has just named it ocu-sync because the craft has the added feature of the Wi-Fi switch for quick selfies.

Of course I'm just guessing and wishing here. But if the above is the case and this becomes true, DJI is quite clever, and the goggles become a more compelling value.

However P4P has the 5.8Ghz mode feature on lightbridge, Mavic does not, which seems to indicate the RC protocol is not compatible between Mavic, P4P and I2.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues