P4P Video, found camera settings that I like

Reaction score
I like the color setting called "Vivid" on my P3P, but I don't see it anywhere in the P4P camera settings and none of the color presets look like Vivid to me, although I have not shot video with all of them to verify.

So, I'm making uneducated guesses and enjoying the journey. This afternoon's video looks good to me. I'd like more red and less green but I have no idea what to change to head in that direction.

Here are settings I used for this video:

Custom white balance: 6800K
1080P at 60 fps
MP4
H.265
Style: +2, +1, +0
Color setting "Momo"

No color editing was attempted in post. The only editing was the removal of some sections, speeding it up to 4X original speed, and adding music. I hope you enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have found that I'm switching the settings around quite a bit depending on the lighting situation, as one should... I though I'd found my " use for everything" setting, but it turned out to be way off base for some situations... of course this is one of the best features about the DJI products (and others following suit) is to be able to change settings on the fly... I love it!

Reactions: jbuy41 and Bigbells
I got all the red I wanted... well, more than I wanted actually, but now I know it can be done with the P4P. :D

The color mode "agateb" looks like it might be vivid renamed? Not sure, but it looks like vivid to me.

I got all the red I wanted... well, more than I wanted actually, but now I know it can be done with the P4P. :D
You get the best dancer on phantompilots.com award man! So fun!

Reactions: Bigbells
where do you see that setting ? not on p4p+
It might be there, Grizz. I was surprised to see all kinds of hidden color settings that didn't show up until I adjusted the color temperature and/or the sharpness. Do you see the "momo" color setting that I used for the 2 videos I posted in this thread?

My theory: DJI is somehow allowing some users to upload and name their color settings, so that they appear in everyone's DJI Go screens. Just a theory, but I haven't been able to disprove it.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm now set up to use that for my next flight, tomorrow morning weather permitting. I put the white balance back to "automatic".
No problem. I'm still trying to figure out when the names changed. It's like I woke up, and without doing an update, the color mode names changed lol.

No problem. I'm still trying to figure out when the names changed. It's like I woke up, and without doing an update, the color mode names changed lol.
Maybe it was just coincidence, but the new names first appeared right after I set the white balance to "custom". It would be odd if the names did not appear for P4P+ users. As far as I know, the color names are in the DJI Go 4 app and are not hardware-based.

It might be there, Grizz. I was surprised to see all kinds of hidden color settings that didn't show up until I adjusted the color temperature and/or the sharpness. Do you see the "momo" color setting that I used for the 2 videos I posted in this thread?

My theory: DJI is somehow allowing some users to upload and name their color settings, so that they appear in everyone's DJI Go screens. Just a theory, but I haven't been able to disprove it.[/QUOte
I have the + model and it doesn't show up, mine still shows the letters a - i

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31