How can I show what Color profile & styles settings were used on a photo or Video?

Reaction score
I'm testing out different settings to show a graphic designer.
I want to show him different video clips & stills with the Color profile (Normal, D-Cinelike, D-Log, Artistic, etc.) and Styles - Defaults and with less contrast, sharpness and saturation.

Since he will be doing the editing I'd like to give him options and an easy way to tell which clip is which.
I did just a couple of clips today with Video Cation on. but didn't realize that Photo Mechanic or Lightroom wouldn't see it.

I now know that VLC can read it and there is a way to edit & remove data I don't want.
But - does the Video Cation show any of those settings - or just Telemetry?

And if not - is there a way to do it.
On a Mac.....?

Have a new P4P on the way - I'll want to do that on it as well....

1527279841537.jpg

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I want to be able to see what settings were used on a given clip.
On still photos we have a lot of Metadata that tells us what camera settings were used on that photo.
When I look at my video clips in Lightroom or Photo Mechanic , there's almost no Metadata. About the camera & color
Settings.

I want to see and display the settings for my tests. Without having to write them down manually as I shoot.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I want to be able to see what settings were used on a given clip.
On still photos we have a lot of Metadata that tells us what camera settings were used on that photo.
When I look at my video clips in Lightroom or Photo Mechanic , there's almost no Metadata. About the camera & color
Settings.

I want to see and display the settings for my tests. Without having to write them down manually as I shoot.
That would be an amazing feature to have. Assuming you are not changing your settings mid-flight, maybe you can create some slates on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. Each slate contains a list of the settings. Start each clip with that slate.

I shoot a lot of DSLR and would love to test various camera profiles. I was amazed at first with how much data was recorded; shutter speed, focal length, ISO, even what lens I had attached. But alas, no mention of the picture profile.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj