P4P+ V2.0 obsolete? Is this true? I just bought the dang thing.....

I fly a lot and have never had what you have described happen to me, and never want it to happen. However, if it does I can assure you that a full forensics will be done and I will get to the root cause as to why. There is a solution for everything that happens. Sometimes you just have to dig for it.

I fly a lot and have never had what you have described happen to me, and never want it to happen. However, if it does I can assure you that a full forensics will be done and I will get to the root cause as to why. There is a solution for everything that happens. Sometimes you just have to dig for it.

"I will get to the root cause as to why. There is a solution for everything that happens. Sometimes you just have to dig for it.'
OK. ;)

Reactions: Gregg Kielma
I understand that is your opinion and it's based on your personal experience. Three months ago I held pretty much the exact same opinion, but then my version 2.0 had dual motor failure and fell out of the sky from 108 feet. DJI sent me a refurbished drone which I flew for about 30 days and 65 hours of flight time when it too suffered catastrophic ESC failure and fell out of the sky. Flight records prove both were due to hardware failure. After the first accident my "antennas" went up and I started noticing many many owners of the version 2.0 we're having flyaways and catastrophic crashes due to Hardware malfunction. Very dangerous! The second crash really shook my confidence in DJI, because I have been flying a phantom 3 or 4 since 2015 hundreds of hours a year with no problems until October. If you go digging you too will see that the version 2.0 has some major flaws.

Dallas, understand the frustration. In the Phantom series I have a P4 and a P4p plus. I go through a strict pre and post flight checklist. I find that if all my systems are a go, the fly perfectly.

However I do not have the 3 years experience like you do. I have 19 months. I'm a project engineer. I just follow the rules from DJI. I have built two drones to date and like to play around with them assembling them.

As for the ESC failure that a major concern for many reason, safety being number one. Do you have any data you can share with me concerning the esc failure? I'd like to see it.

Kielma
DJI Engineering #1: The rest are just toy's.

I too do NOT upgrade and I use DJI GO-4 but have never update that either and I've flown this last two summers with no trouble at all.

Bud

I don't think DJI can modify your existing drone if you don't upgrade firmware or fly with DJI GO 4. I do not upgrade and fly only Litchi and have had no problems!
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Dallas, understand the frustration. In the Phantom series I have a P4 and a P4p plus. I go through a strict pre and post flight checklist. I find that if all my systems are a go, the fly perfectly.

However I do not have the 3 years experience like you do. I have 19 months. I'm a project engineer. I just follow the rules from DJI. I have built two drones to date and like to play around with them assembling them.

As for the ESC failure that a major concern for many reason, safety being number one. Do you have any data you can share with me concerning the esc failure? I'd like to see it.

Kielma
I'm currently viewing this thread on my phone so it's not easy to navigate compared to the desktop otherwise I would put a link here. But if you look at my other messages or do a search for a thread called V 2.0 fell out of the sky I have flight records from both of the incidents within that same thread. They've been analyzed personal loans with people on here. I received a refurbished drone at no charge to me and then a brand new version 2.0 also no charge to me from DJI so pilot error

Kielma
Both crash records are in this thread:
Phantom 4 Pro V2 Fell out of the sky...

I am confused. I worked my way through this thread and still not sure the right conclusion.

Is the Phantom 4 series still alive and well? Or has DJI thrown it all behind the Mavic line?

Saying it’s still in stock at third party retailers doesn’t tell me anything other than they had a large inventory. In my experience, when the OEM is out of stock and stays that way for any appreciable time, especially without a word to the public, that’s either alarming or indication of imminent new product release they are super confident will utterly supplant any desire for the older model. A P5 that’s both better and cheaper than a P4.

I am confused. I worked my way through this thread and still not sure the right conclusion.

Is the Phantom 4 series still alive and well? Or has DJI thrown it all behind the Mavic line?

Saying it’s still in stock at third party retailers doesn’t tell me anything other than they had a large inventory. In my experience, when the OEM is out of stock and stays that way for any appreciable time, especially without a word to the public, that’s either alarming or indication of imminent new product release they are super confident will utterly supplant any desire for the older model. A P5 that’s both better and cheaper than a P4.
Pretty sure no one knows. Confused? Join the club mi amigo!

I heard the same thing as @davidransier. Local DJI enterprise dealer told me that the Phantom line is essentially going to be focused on the RTK now and that the Mavic will be taking over as the main P4P replacement.

I heard the same thing as @davidransier. Local DJI enterprise dealer told me that the Phantom line is essentially going to be focused on the RTK now and that the Mavic will be taking over as the main P4P replacement.
That sucks. Back in late summer I was holding out for the mavic 2 Pro but one weekend I had several big jobs coming up and my regular p4p was out of commission at the time so I had to get the version 2.0. Literally less than a week later than mavic 2 Pro was released! Oh well, the P4P version 2.0 has the potential to be a great bird if they can fix this yaw drift issue. I'm on my third one but they say third one's the charm!

Reactions: Gregg Kielma
I read somewhere that P4P and P4P v2.0 are both EOL (end of life)...so this makes sense from OP

RoOSTA

I tried to get one this weekend from the DJI Store and it gave me the same message, that it's been EOL'd. [emoji852]
I read somewhere that P4P and P4P v2.0 are both EOL (end of life)...so this makes sense from OP

RoOSTA

I just got a great idea. I will never buy another DJI until the greatest, bestest super duper drone is finally on the market and I'm positive another one will not follow.:)

Reactions: MTO
Wondered the same thing when looking to buy a V2.0 a few weeks ago. Emailed DJI saying everyone out of stock (including DJI) and if this model was going to remain in production. Personal email back repeated what I already stated about availability but noting about future production. Replied saying previous email just repeated what I already knew, and got generic email with no information making it suspicious that V 2.0 may be short lived. Bought one anyway being the latest and greatest. Very happy so far.

i’ve had my p4 pro 2.0 since october and i’m very impressed with how she handles and the distance not to mention the camera only negative is that it has some issues with my white dji goggles

Has it been deleted from DJI?
The PP4 Plus is in high demand and has definitely not been designated as obsolete. People are learning that they like the fact that now they can fly their craft and keep their cell phones doing what they are designed to do, - answer phone calls. You may not be able to get one right now at some dealers, but "Beach Camera" Inc either has them or will soon have them in stock.

I tried to get one this weekend from the DJI Store and it gave me the same message, that it's been EOL'd. [emoji852]
Sorry for the misinformation. I tried to order from Drone World and they said EOL. I went to the DJI Store and it said out of stock.
SmartSelect_20190117-141457_Chrome.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik