P4P Stored Battery Warm?

Reaction score
This morning, I went to pull a battery to charge that hasn’t been used in a couple of weeks and I noticed it felt warm. It’s a fairly new, high capacity white P4P battery. It had 3of 4 bars of charge on it. I pulled it out of its Pelican case and let it sit on my desk. It cooled off to room temperature. The other batteries in the case were normal room temperature.

Is this normal, as in, it was auto discharging.
Adding picture just to look forward to summer flying again! Thanks all!
f1f7e95a370a5da31a5d7866a6af00dd.jpg

The batteries do get warm when auto discharging.
The process usually takes about 2 days.
How does the time the battery had been sitting around match with the discharge time you have set in the app?

Meta, thanks for responding. I’ve got the batteries set to auto discharge at 5 days. It’s kinda funny, though, because I have never really consistently seen the batteries auto discharge. Maybe I’m not watching close enough. But it seems like sometimes I charge some batteries to fly, plans change, and my batteries sit around for, say, 10 days. I get my batteries out again thinking I need to charge them before flying and I see 4 full bars. Stick the batteries in the ac and they’re at 97%. Still normal? I regularly upload my data to Airdata and the batteries are in great shape.

2 things to note Kranmc (and you may be fully aware of both, just tossing this out there) : 1) if you push the button to check on the battery this resets the discharge timer to day 0 ( per msinger ). 2) Each battery has its own individual setting for discharge time. Setting it on one battery to 5 days (example) does not change your other batteries to 5, they will be on the default 10 still.

Reactions: Kranmc
2 things to note Kranmc (and you may be fully aware of both, just tossing this out there) : 1) if you push the button to check on the battery this resets the discharge timer to day 0 ( per msinger ). 2) Each battery has its own individual setting for discharge time. Setting it on one battery to 5 days (example) does not change your other batteries to 5, they will be on the default 10 still.

Thank you Loktite! After 2 and 1/2 years of flying these things, I had no idea that it resets the timer. Neither did I know that each battery needs the assignment. Very helpful info.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94