P4P controller battery

Reaction score
I have a P4P that I recently replaced the battery of the controller. It charged ok and I have used it a few times. Checking it yesterday the battery was down to 3 lights. I put it on the charger and it would only charge up to 3 lights with 4th one blinking. I waiter awhile and put it back on the charger to get all 4 lights and just left it there till it turned itself off. I checked and it was back to 3 lights. I waited to make sure it was not to warm and put it on again. When I checked again it was down to 2 lights. I am afraid to put it back on the charger again. Does anyone know what is happening?

It's not the battery. It is in the circuitry on the remote. You Tube has plenty of video on how to repair it. I had to reflow soldering on the circuit board. You need to only do the place next to the lights. Some videos have you going everywhere. Mine works great now.
Thank you. I'll start looking this morning.

As above it sound like charging board in remote,,if open again check with multimeter on battery ,,fully charge I think is 8.4 volt ,,its 7.4 volt battery but reads 8.4 fully charged ,,utube clip shows which area of board to heat,,below shows area ,,search this on utube
Screenshot_20210831-092435_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As above it sound like charging board in remote,,if open again check with multimeter on battery ,,fully charge I think is 8.4 volt ,,its 7.4 volt battery but reads 8.4 fully charged ,,utube clip shows which area of board to heat,,below shows area ,,search this on utubeView attachment 122659
That's the spot. I just used a little cardboard to block the heat from getting beyond the area I needed to heat. I adapted my heat gun with metal tape and a concentric pipe. It went perfectly.

That's the spot. I just used a little cardboard to block the heat from getting beyond the area I needed to heat. I adapted my heat gun with metal tape and a concentric pipe. It went perfectly.
How long has your reflow lasted? Mine would work for a while and then back to charging to just 76%...and although it said it was charged to 76%, I could only fly 4 batteries and then the RC would be dead. I reflowed 4 times. I finally sent it back to DJI, and even though it was purchased in '17 they replaced it with a new one for $90.

How long has your reflow lasted? Mine would work for a while and then back to charging to just 76%...and although it said it was charged to 76%, I could only fly 4 batteries and then the RC would be dead. I reflowed 4 times. I finally sent it back to DJI, and even though it was purchased in '17 they replaced it with a new one for $90.
Two months so far. My remote lasted for one flight at the time. I only have two batteries, but the remote now has three lights after a two battery flight. Lol. I haven't looked at the percentage left on the app. It does me good.

Two months so far. My remote lasted for one flight at the time. I only have two batteries, but the remote now has three lights after a two battery flight. Lol. I haven't looked at the percentage left on the app. It does me good.
Doing one myself after battery replacement didn’t solve. Guess I have a spare battery now 😆. same, only 1 flight after full charge. 3 1/2 lights showing. Wish me luck

I had the same thing happen. I changed the battery and flowed the board. It worked for a while and went back to the same thing. I ended up buying a used controller form someone and haven't had a problem since. Something was wrong with the controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31