P4P+ remote - THIRD PARTY APPS. Big news out today!!

Is it possible to get an older version of GPS installed?
Perhaps. There are lots of old versions available to try.

It's not a crack. The benefit is that you can install 3rd party apps on the P4P+ remote controller. If you don't need to use 3rd party apps, then there is absolutely no benefit to doing this.

Was anyone able to get drone deploy to install?

As someone who's jailbroke every iOS device I've ever owned, there is a way. The problem here is there are very few that care to do this. As opposed to iOS where tens of thousands want to hack their phones and pads.

But again, there has to be a way to crack the app itself. For example does android still have the "black" App Store you can install? It's full of cracked apps. There is probably a cracked Litchi version that won't need the licensing check.

This about what Jailbreaks do! They often trick apple... also crack many apps that don't allow jailbreaks to work but using the jailbreak to work around.

Someone could probably take apart Litchi and remove or alter the code that is dependent on that piece and get it to work.

Reach out to a Android Rooting dude. Androids suck in general imo.

Reactions: Ben01
Regarding Litchi licensing problems when installed on the P4P+, the thread below contains some links to patched Litchi versions that do not require a license check. Personally I don't think there is an ethical problem in using these as long as you have already paid for Litchi and are a licensed user of the Android version.

Phantom 4 Pro + (Plus) Third Party Apps

Reactions: msinger
Regarding Litchi licensing problems when installed on the P4P+, the thread below contains some links to patched Litchi versions that do not require a license check. Personally I don't think there is an ethical problem in using these as long as you have already paid for Litchi and are a licensed user of the Android version.

Yeah, but nobody has it working yet, even with the patched versions. Still too large to install

Fake. Check the spelling. Not loged in as apposed to logged in lol.

Then my dji go app must be fake coz i need an unpdate! Lol
d9810e8babb2d30fecb564816714691b.jpg

Rather than hack the P4P+ and risk loss of warranty or of having a "non-standard" software installation, I would think in terms of time and cost, it would be less expensive to just purchase a P4P controller to run apps not supported by the P4P+. Having said that, I have a P4P+ which does have many benefits ... BUT ... I would like DJI to formally announce their intent to support other apps such as their Ground Station Pro on the P4P+ or intent NOT to support them. That policy should be stated clearly on all P4P+ promotional material so that the buyer knows from the start what the full trade-offs are for the P4P+.

Reactions: Feez and John Locke
Just saw this post over at the DJI forums. THIS IS NOT MY HACK, IT IS NOT MY VIDEO. I HAVE NOT TRIED IT YET. Just reporting it here for you folks.

Here is the video the guy shows to prove it.

And here's the steps he reports he took to do it.
1- You need to install ADB to your computer.
2- And you need .apk file(under 20mb) of wanted app.
3- Move .apk file to ADB folder.
3- Than open your cmd on ADB folder. And write "adb install yourapkname.apk" But don't press enter.
4- Shut down the controller and connect to computer with usb cable from micro usb port.
5- Open your controller and wait for computers recognize the device.
6- When computer recognized your device press enter. (You need to be quick.) And wait for success message on cmd. If you see error message you should be faster.
7. Enjoy with your app on P4P+.

This is my way man. If you told my name in this post it would not be bad. You guys making me selfish then "why you don't explain how you did it?".
By the way I am already explained how you can install big apps to controller. But I don't think share my next updates.

Rather than hack the P4P+ and risk loss of warranty or of having a "non-standard" software installation, I would think in terms of time and cost, it would be less expensive to just purchase a P4P controller to run apps not supported by the P4P+. Having said that, I have a P4P+ which does have many benefits ... BUT ... I would like DJI to formally announce their intent to support other apps such as their Ground Station Pro on the P4P+ or intent NOT to support them. That policy should be stated clearly on all P4P+ promotional material so that the buyer knows from the start what the full trade-offs are for the P4P+.

Did you see developer.dji.com
Android is an open source environment for that if dji uses it must conform to GNU.

Another problem is the P4P+ screen may not have enough memory to even add an app. No doubt DJI got a cheap model with little memory.

I just hit the wall with an iPad Air 2 16GB model. Only 1GB remaining and it cannot cache files now unless I delete some other flying apps and junk.

This is my way man. If you told my name in this post it would not be bad. You guys making me selfish then "why you don't explain how you did it?".
By the way I am already explained how you can install big apps to controller. But I don't think share my next updates.
Hello Alper, glad to see you're in this forum as well. So how many apps have you been successful with yet? Do you have Google Maps, Litchi, or AutoPilot functional yet? Would love to hear your results. Thanks

Another problem is the P4P+ screen may not have enough memory to even add an app. No doubt DJI got a cheap model with little memory.
There looks to be about 16 GB of storage and the majority of that is unused so there should be plenty of room to add additional apps, unless you insist on trying to load everything including the kitchen sink which really wouldn't be appropriate on a P4P+. As long as you keep to flight-related apps and such I wouldn't see storage space as being a limiting factor, assuming the other issues can be resolved.

Last edited:
Has anyone got drone deploy to work?

We are an interesting bunch...always pushing the envelope, trying to find a way to do something another way, trying to get around some limitation.

In a few weeks someone will post a letter saying their drone crashed into police car while attempting to fly inverted, underwater, blindfolded while using a radio from a 1963 Dodge Dart sedan using a hacked app from their Game Boy Super Mario and will be angry that DJI declined to cover it under warranty.

I don't see why you're so against it? I use drone deploy and it would be invaluable for me to be able to use the inbuilt screen to do so. It's stupid that it can't. There's no reason for it to not be able to do so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj