P4P+ remote - THIRD PARTY APPS. Big news out today!!

Can someone explain what is the benefit of sideloading apks into the controller?
Are you referring to what we're doing above? If so, the benefit is that you can install other apps. The P4P+ remote controller is designed to prevent any apps from being installed.

Are you referring to what we're doing above? If so, the benefit is that you can install other apps. The P4P+ remote controller is designed to prevent any apps from being installed.
"Are you referring to what we're doing above?"
Yes.

Can you give me an example of a third party app that can be installed into the controller and how can we benefit from this?
Litchi App. It allows you to pre-program flights that are totally autonomous and carry out flight on its own. So the whole flight is silky smooth. That's just one app. There is Drone Deploy that is used for mapping I believe. There are many more.

Litchi App. It allows you to pre-program flights that are totally autonomous and carry out flight on its own. So the whole flight is silky smooth. That's just one app. There is Drone Deploy that is used for mapping I believe. There are many more.
OK. Got it. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Can you give me an example of a third party app that can be installed into the controller and how can we benefit from this?
The remote controller display is just an Android device. So, anything you're running on your usual mobile device could be installed on it (if DJI allowed that).

It doesn't matter which P4P you're flying. You'll either be using an Android or Apple device. When using the P4P+, the Android device (the integrated display) is built right into the remote controller. It's not possible to hook up your own Andorid/Apple device to the remote controller. If that was possible, you wouldn't be restricted to the pre-installed apps.

Reactions: ferncfc
It doesn't matter which P4P you're flying. You'll either be using an Android or Apple device. When using the P4P+, the Android device (the integrated display) is built right into the remote controller. It's not possible to hook up your own Andorid/Apple device to the remote controller. If that was possible, you wouldn't be restricted to the pre-installed apps.
Call me stupid msinger, but what's the point of having the app installed on the controller as long as you can have it installed on your apple/android device?

It all depends on which apps you need to use. If the pre-installed apps do everything you need, then there is no point to installing additional apps.

I don't think we'll ever see that one. It's baked into the firmware.

If the app thing is a licensing issue look for DJI to play cat and mouse with the hack. They will be required to do so.

Litchi cannot find Google Play Services since it's not installed. I suspect it's trying to connect to figure out whether or not I'm a paying customer.

Just a matter of time until someone hacks the altitude restrictions.

Phantom f/w hacking has been predicted for about three years now.

(Insert Crickets sound effect here.)

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Litchi cannot find Google Play Services since it's not installed. I suspect it's trying to connect to figure out whether or not I'm a paying customer.
Have you tried installing gaps.apk then?
This stuff needs a custom ROM badly anyways.. If ABD eats it

Have you tried installing gaps.apk then?
If you mean Google Play Services, I was able to get a few older versions installed. The current version seems to be too large to push.

If you mean Google Play Services, I was able to get a few older versions installed. The current version seems to be too large to push.
If you can get the older version installed, is it not possible to update that version to the new version from within the app itself, or does the block that DJI has prevent that?

If you can get the older version installed, is it not possible to update that version to the new version from within the app itself
Wouldn't that require the Google Play Store to be installed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1