P4P "+" RC firmware update v01.04.01.00, 13 April 2018

Reaction score
I updated using the system menu (swipe down from top of screen). Since I was connected to internet download started automatically and completed after a couple of minutes. Then you have to click on the downward arrow to get it to apply the update. Update loaded and installed without an error. The only notice of what update contained is a line that says "bug fixes" when Go app update screen appears.
This update installs GO 4 app version 4.2.6.
After 2 quick test flights found the following problems:
1) Overall status screen at aircraft startup shows warning to calibrate vision sensors even though status of vision sensors says "normal". Since there was no change to the aircraft it is hard to tell if this is a spurious warning or was a legitimate warning that was suppressed by GO app 4.1.22. Aircraft flies normally and OA seems to work fine so don't know what this means.
2) Yaw seems to have developed a bounce back. When yawing left or right and recentering stick, aircraft yaws a small amount in the opposite direction. Tried calibrating joysticks but no change.

Otherwise everything seems normal, as usual record all camera settings before doing update because they seem to get reset by update.

Reactions: gwp4p
When I updated 3-4 weeks ago, a forced update I might add, it also resulted in a warning about vision sensors needing calibration. I was in the middle of a trip so I ignored it until I got back home. I'd never done the vision calibration before and didn't want to bork the bird while on the trip. Calibration was not hard and was complete in about 5 minutes -- not counting setup etc.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1