P4P Motor ESC Error

Reaction score
One of my motors stopped spinning on take-off. Fortunately it hadn’t left the ground yet. When spinning the motor manually lots of crunching coming from inside. Got an ESC no 2 error.

My question is how often is it just the motor. I’ve heard that sometimes it takes the ESC board with it. Is there a way to diag the board.

One of my motors stopped spinning on take-off. Fortunately it hadn’t left the ground yet. When spinning the motor manually lots of crunching coming from inside. Got an ESC no 2 error.

My question is how often is it just the motor. I’ve heard that sometimes it takes the ESC board with it. Is there a way to diag the board.
It’s more often the ESC than the motor. Im your case it seems you have a motor issue and perhaps ESC also. Have you managed to crash or tip over so that the motor might be obstructed?

It’s more often the ESC than the motor. Im your case it seems you have a motor issue and perhaps ESC also. Have you managed to crash or tip over so that the motor might be obstructed?

Didn’t crash, but the motor is almost locked up. Jambs when turning by hand.

Does the bell seem to sit higher than the others? Is there any appreciable end float? It might be that the circlip has come off the shaft (outside of the lower bearing).

Um sound nasty, does it stop turning both ways,it's possible it may be a small stone (hopefully) ,, this pic just shows what @With The Birds described, small circling on bottom,I know these have curved magnets with that copper wrap,they normally quite strong and don't move ,any sort of colour fragments you can shake out on some paper.hold upside down and gently tap motor with small turn each way,,what ever might dislodge itself,,I don't think it esc because motor jam and sure you would have shut down straight away,the error would be coming from esc to inform of motor fault,,I'm hoping that's the case,,
20180728_184109.jpg

Phew! The motor was the whole problem. Disaster averted. I was not looking forward to changing out that ESC board...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT