P4P crashed while Litchi Mission (no relative to terrain altitude)

As for the tech stuff, what I also don't understand is the collision avoidance. I got the 4 Pro also for having sensors on all 4 sides. I was not speeding, just few m/sec so they should have worked. I've seen YouTube videos where the P4P does a heck of a job avoiding stuff like trees, branches, etc.. and not only walls. Why did mine just flew into the tree without even hesitating? All question I don't find answers for at the moment. But anyhow, I will certainly fly with line in side in the future !!

Remember side sensors only work in beginner or tripod mode.

KML planning always scares me. Sometimes Google has an odd offset that doesn't work out so well. This animated GIF shows where the bird flies inside a mountain even though the KML wall shows it going over it. Needs a lot more buffer clearance.

View attachment 77783
Try exporting the KML file to desktop and importing it into this site:
GPS Visualizer: Convert GPS files to plain text or GPX
This removes the glitches and gives altitude data which can be used in an excel spreadsheet to plan a mission.

John.

Yes, once exported you can use Google Earth to analyze an elevation profile of your flight path. It will clearly show you potential issues with waypoint positioning and altitude settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl