P4p dropping out of sky.

Reaction score
I have had two p4p pros dropping out of sky. Both times when they were being brought back to land and were only a short distance away from me. The first was replaced through the insurance with a p4p+ v2. This then suffered the same fate after 6 months and repaired by DJI free of charge. Can anybody give me advice on how to avoid this happening again ?

I have had two p4p pros dropping out of sky.
The only advice I can offer is to double check the battery insertion. There are numerous reports of this happening with P4's. I have seen only one with the V2 that I can recall. It is a theory that this is the reason for the V2's adding the battery latch sensor. There are no definative answers other than sudden power loss, which is only an assumption from the data files seen around here but loosing battery contact seems to be the concensus, although again not definative.

Ok guys. Thanks for that. I guess using the drone on so many occasions without any problems makes you a bit blasé. I will double check the battery latches every time. I assume DJI have never offered any solution other than coming out with v2 ?Thanks.

If you can post the flight log files the answers will be more accurate.

Last edited:
Would it be smart to put a small piece of velcro tape around the back of the battery for extra security? I have been thinking about doing this myself.

Is it not the case though with v2 that it would not let me take off if the battery wasn’t latched correctly?

Is it not the case though with v2 that it would not let me take off if the battery wasn’t latched correctly?
I’ll have to check the v2’s that I have. I seem to remember reading that there is a notification if the battery isn’t right where it should be. Since I always check myself, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the notice.

Yes they did require the flight log but didn’t tell me what had happened. The only report I got back was through the supplier saying not pilot error.

I have had two p4p pros dropping out of sky. Both times when they were being brought back to land and were only a short distance away from me. The first was replaced through the insurance with a p4p+ v2. This then suffered the same fate after 6 months and repaired by DJI free of charge. Can anybody give me advice on how to avoid this happening again ?

I would recommend you get the Phantom Wet Suit as this solves several of the issues being talked about now on the forum.
The first is the loose battery connection and how tricky that really is and how the Wet Suit solves the issue for good as well as the Props being loose and coming off in flight.

Email me if your interested as we offer a discount for forum members.
[email protected]
Phantomrain.org
Elite gear for your Phantom 4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20