P4P camera twitch when in video

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me with this one. A little history on the drone ... it was crashed once from about 10 ft up and broke a landing gear, bent the gimble arm, and messed up the yaw motor. I replaced the landing gear, gimble arm, yaw motor, and ribbon cable. Everything has been working well for about a year now. I mainly do real estate photos and videos. Since I don't do many videos, just mostly stills, this may have been going on for a while with out me knowing. It doesn't affect the stills, just video (see attached video).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Almost like a delay in transmission,,try another USB cord,,,was ribbon replacement from dji ..cheaper versions tend not to work well

Thanks for your reply ianzone. I don't think it would be the USB cord, since the video is off the SD card, so I am thinking it isn't a transmission issue unless your talking about transmission to the SD card from the camera. I am not sure if the ribbon was a DJi ribbon (probably isn't), since I got it off Amazon. I was kind of thinking it might be something to do with the ribbon, but wasn't sure if there were other things that might cause this like the pitch motor. Looks like I will need to get another ribbon cable if no one else chimes in with any ideas. Thanks again.

Yes a USB cable can do this,breaking down under load,,,,,um does normal flight show cam lag or only when recording ,,tryed changing your cam settings,,,like 1080 at 24 or 30 fps as a example,,another thing come to mine is sd reading speed,,are you using good sd card

Reactions: Oso and WV. Rootman
It does show during normal flight without recording, but seems to be more pronounced during recording. I haven't tried changing the camera settings. I am recording in 1080 at 30 fps. I will try that tomorrow. Also, I looked to see what ribbon cable I got on Amazon last year and it was not a DJI, so that may be part of the problem. I am going to go ahead and get a DJI one. Thanks.

I don't think it is the SD card since they work fine in my backup drone (also a P4P). I am using the SanDisk Ultra 64gb (see picture)

1601041913996.png

Reactions: Capt KO
Ok, I did a couple runs with different USB cables and one cable was less sever as the other, but seemed to still have the twitch. What seemed to help the most was running it in 1080 at 60 fps, but then when I switched back to 1080 at 30 fps it seemed to be better there too, so really not sure what to think. I guess if it happens again, I will change the speed and possibly the resolution, since those were the things that seemed to help in my short tests. Thanks.

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic