P4p assistant? MODS DELETE PLEASE

Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased a lightly used phantom 4 pro. It has the latest firmware update but has abnormal message "recalibrate object sensors with PC or mac".
I tried to download Dji assistant 2 on daughters pc via windows 10 and it won't download.
From some reading it seems I will need to buy or borrow a windows 7/8 PC in order to download assistant 2. In further reading I see that pc must be apple. In further reading I also see that people can't download because assistant no longer works.
If anyone can answer these questions it would be much appreciated.

Windows 7 or 8 only ?
Apple only ?
Assistant 2.0 for P4P """"link"""?

Wife thought I was an idiot when I bought it. She is strengthening her case daily.

Well we have to come against that wife stuff. Lol.
Mine works on win 10. I had to turn off the antivirse to load DJI assistance. I did my last sensor calibration 10 months ago. Best of luck.

Well we have to come against that wife stuff. Lol.
Mine works on win 10. I had to turn off the antivirse to load DJI assistance. I did my last sensor calibration 10 months ago. Best of luck.
Thanks for the help.
Ok so I'm guessing it doesn't have to be an apple pc ?
I'll try my daughter's dell with windows 10 again with antivirus off.
Anyone know if screen minimum has to be 14" minimum
Anyone know of a Link for P4P dji assistant 2 that will work? The one I found says something about downloads discontinued

Anyone know of a Link for P4P dji assistant 2 that will work? The one I found says something about downloads discontinued
You can try this link for “DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom.” That version is compatible with the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced, and the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.

My guess is that you saw updates are discontinued, not that downloads are discontinued.

Reactions: tribar and Ncguy
Thanks I'll try link. What is updates discontinued?
Usually means that a company has chosen to stop updating a piece of software when it gets too old or is replaced.

Usually means that a company has chosen to stop updating a piece of software when it gets too old or is replaced.
Hah! Mine is a 2017 so their just going to say buy a new one?
I was just at Walmart looking to buy a laptop but they were sold out due to everyone getting a check.
Found one at a pawn shop. They said they would hold til I got there. 20 minutes later I showed up and they had sold it.
That's probably a blessing though as I can't figure out what ram,drive,bit and all that to fxxxxxg buy to handle the assistant 2 ap.
I'm beginning to hate this thing. I talked to buy I bought it from and asked him if he knew it needed an update. He said yeah but I was selling it so.....?

Mines 4 years old so buy a new one huh? Sorry had to post that in two responses
From all the threads I've read about problems with phones working and go 4 issues, assistant 2 issues... they just got to the point where some of their customers can update some of their crap.

What is updates discontinued?
Mines 4 years old so buy a new one huh? Sorry had to post that in two responses
From all the threads I've read about problems with phones working and go 4 issues, assistant 2 issues... they just got to the point where some of their customers can update some of their crap.
Sorry, I don't know what you’re asking or what it has to do with DJI choosing to stop updating a particular piece of software.

Hello,
I just purchased a lightly used phantom 4 pro. It has the latest firmware update but has abnormal message "recalibrate object sensors with PC or mac".
I tried to download Dji assistant 2 on daughters pc via windows 10 and it won't download.
From some reading it seems I will need to buy or borrow a windows 7/8 PC in order to download assistant 2. In further reading I see that pc must be apple. In further reading I also see that people can't download because assistant no longer works.
If anyone can answer these questions it would be much appreciated.

Windows 7 or 8 only ?
Apple only ?
Assistant 2.0 for P4P """"link"""?

Wife thought I was an idiot when I bought it. She is strengthening her case daily.
Don't feel bad bro.... My wife thinks I'm an idiot cause today's Friday or cause the skies blue lol. I'm pretty sure that's just part of being married lmao. I've got DJI Assistant 2 running just fine on my windows 10 pc, definitely not an Apple only program. It is however very quirky... I kept getting a message to calibrate my vision sensors which has to be done thru DJI Assistant. I tried for 3 days to get it to calibrate with no luck. It would still fly fine just with that message at the beginning of every flight. I finally fixed it (got the message to go away anyway) by updating my DJI Go4 lol. I'll say this also messing with your firmware isn't the best idea unless you're having some kind of issue and the firmware could possibly fix it. If it ain't broke don't fix it has been advice that has served me well so far lol. FYI.... I'm also in NC in the Charlotte area.

Reactions: MTO
Don't feel bad bro.... My wife thinks I'm an idiot cause today's Friday or cause the skies blue lol. I'm pretty sure that's just part of being married lmao. I've got DJI Assistant 2 running just fine on my windows 10 pc, definitely not an Apple only program. It is however very quirky... I kept getting a message to calibrate my vision sensors which has to be done thru DJI Assistant. I tried for 3 days to get it to calibrate with no luck. It would still fly fine just with that message at the beginning of every flight. I finally fixed it (got the message to go away anyway) by updating my DJI Go4 lol. I'll say this also messing with your firmware isn't the best idea unless you're having some kind of issue and the firmware could possibly fix it. If it ain't broke don't fix it has been advice that has served me well so far lol. FYI.... I'm also in NC in the Charlotte area.
Thanks for the info and letting me know someone can relate.
My wife actually is the best and rarely gives me grief. I myself am the one that thinks I'm stupid.
I rarely buy high dolllar items unless I can justify it by making money with the said item. I planned on getting a 107 and possibly filming weddings at a venue down the street or doing real estate vids...
After the initial investment I thought I was ready. I didn't know;
my phone wouldn't work $
my computer would need replaced $

1)Today I'll be researching what spec laptop I'll need to purchase for A2 app to work. Maybe there is a known computer list with specs required

////Just read somewhere else that it can't be a laptop...tabletop only?

2)I also live in the woods with terrible wifi( hughes net) I've read that a wired connection is required. Wonder where I can plug in? Family that do have wired internet are quarantining due to age and health.

3)Registered drone as recreational for now. Can I even fly before faa sets up testing for my certificate?

4)When I purchased P4P I planned to wait a week and learn app and as much as possible before first flight. I was glad to hear dji had a simulator. I looked yesterday and no simulator...really?
Has dji removed free flight simulator just to offer it for sale? See link (if link is even working or available)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210403-112752.png
    Screenshot_20210403-112752.png
    252.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
You only need wifi for the initial setup. I have flown many times with no wifi or cell reception. You can store maps for those types of places.

You only need wifi for the initial setup. I have flown many times with no wifi or cell reception. You can store maps for those types of places.
Yep I got that but thanks. I edited my previous post numbering each question and adding the "Why" to each question. Hopefully, bit by bit I can get these answered.
Thanks to any and all.

The A2 version linked to in post #4 should work on Win10 computers. It also includes the simulator.

Works on my tablet with Windows 10 installed:
Lenovo miix 2: 10" screen 1920x1200, 2GB RAM, 64GB HDD (2014)
While installing A2 you get a popup:
Windows Defender Firewall -> give permission to access private networks

Lots of youtube videos, like:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Ncguy
The A2 version linked to in post #4 should work on Win10 computers. It also includes the simulator.

Works on my tablet with Windows 10 installed:
Lenovo miix 2: 10" screen 1920x1200, 2GB RAM, 64GB HDD (2014)
While installing A2 you get a popup:
Windows Defender Firewall -> give permission to access private networks

Lots of youtube videos, like:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks.
Mods I have consolidated all my ?' s to a single thread. Remove this one if you don't mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic