P4 white orb video playback anomaly...anyone?

Reaction score
Hello pilots!

I have had a great ride so far with the P4. One question to all: Has anyone experienced a brilliant white ball...orb...or weird shape while playing back video filmed. The video attachment below (about 30 sec.) show me flying at about 200' ft. high. Sun against my back and filming nothing more than grassland and related landscaping.

Any comments or thoughts with regard to this anomaly is greatly appreciated. Also, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing similar issue or issues. Please advice on these forums.

Video settings were 1080 30 frame rate, white balance in custom 5000k and color setting: vivid

I will have to try other settings and see if I capture the same, but if anyone has any idea what might cause it...I welcome any and all thoughts.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks!

Don't see any weird orb in my video like yours... try turn the filter protector and see if the orb moves places, if it does may be some dirt on the filter protector.

Reactions: richardseguro
Don't see any weird orb in my video like yours... try turn the filter protector and see if the orb moves places, if it does may be some dirt on the filter protector.
Sounds logical. Will try that and keep posted. Thanks.

I used to film from helecopters and would get that same reflection. I cud see it with the naked eye while flying over corn fields at certain altitude and at certain times of the season. Its not your camera.

I used to film from helecopters and would get that same reflection. I cud see it with the naked eye while flying over corn fields at certain altitude and at certain times of the season. Its not your camera.

Cool. Appreciate your comment. I guess the sun's morning angle it is, since I tried another flight but instead of 7am I did it at 10am and didn't show the reflection.

Thanks!

This is the sun reflecting on the white surface of your aircraft and then on the ground, i seen this effect often. Its comparable to when you point your watch on a light source and make it reflect onto a wall or someone face for fun... ;)
Nothing wrong with your phantom, just some random sun reflection falling on the ground.

Happy Flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.