Phantom 4 Pro+ 4K Problems and More

Reaction score
Good to see that some people are having success with their Phantom 4 Pro +. Not I. In fact, I'm really not sure it could get any worse. If you like to shoot in 4k and with a built in screen, (aka the reason you paid more for this then the P4 or even the P4Pro) there are numerous users like myself who can't fly and shoot in 4k without major video transmission issues. To make things worse my onboard microSD card reader has completely failed (yes I have the fasted micro sd card ladidadi). The monitor offers no playback for 4k.
It seems like there are several people having this same exact issue however they are being relegated to the purgatory of the DJI chat forum where the moderators dare not roam.
I am sending mine back for repairs, like many others. The question is, will I get a new unit, will anything get fixed? Is there anyone here that is having the same issues? Is there anyone here able to fly in 4K/60fps on their Phantom 4 Pro+ without experiencing ANY issues????

Anyone else? -> Phantom 4 Pro+, shot in 4K/60fps, no RC playback, terrible transmission, and per usual no customer support.

4K at 60 fps is a mess with the P4P (non-plus) as well. 100Mbps divided by 60 fps at 4K resolution produces individual frames with a lot less info on them. In addition, for reasons beyond my ability to fully grasp, 4K/60 causes interference with the video feed to the controller. I might not even have a firm handle on what I said in the second sentence but I think I might have gotten it right.

I love my P4P but I've given up on trying to record video at 4K/60 when using DJI Go 4. I realize that for some people, the prime reason for getting the drone was to be able to shoot video at 4K/60.

Sorry to hear that your bird experienced even greater problems.

I flew twice today using Litchi instead of DJI Go 4 and was very happy with the results, recording 4K/30 and getting a quite decent video feed to my Android device, with no disconnection like I was getting regularly with Go 4.

In the morning I'll try 4K/60 with Litchi to see if it's possible.

Last edited:
returning it will get you a brand new plus remote with the very same problem, as other users in the dji forum have. Theres supposed to come a fix with a firmware soon.

I know the + has issues i have the p4p non + and recording at 4k 60 is fine my only problem is the gimbal and how the horizon gets jacked up constantly having to adjust with c2 and scroll wheel. And even then it goes right back to being crap

Just wanted to add that I have no problems at all too with the regular 4 Pro recording at 60f and live Video feed to my Samsung S7 and tabS.. So when nothing helps it could be an option to return it and get the 4pro Version instead

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl