P4 Upgraded Firmware in Drone, Remote and DJI Go 4 app, Drone will not take off

Reaction score
My P4 flew just fine until a few weeks ago. I upgraded to the latest firmware (P4, remote and G0 4 app, ios), now my P4 will not fly. It tells me "ready to fly" and the motors start up and go into an idle mode. when I try to launch the drone is unresponsive - it just sits there with the motors idling. I get no indication on the GO app of any problem. I am a photographer and am attempting to fly commercially. (Just got my FAA license). Thankfully I have no aerial jobs the next few weeks. Not sure how to approach this other than contacting DJI. Glad I found this forum, you all have a lot of great insight into these things.

May or may not be the issue, but did you log in with the new app version? It is possible that the NFZ's per DJI could be the issue.

Now that you mention it I did get a message to fly with caution due to a restricted fly zone. I was several miles from the nearest airport so I didn't think that would be much of an issue. I will take it to a more remote area and give it a try. Thanks for the response Dawg.

Yeah, too bad you didn't know about this site. By reading here of all the firmware issues with the new version you could have stayed with the version you last used. This is a great board for new information.. Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94