P4 standard crashed now it won’t start

Reaction score
I purchased a crashed p4 standard and everything inside and out looks ok. When I place a battery in the drone it won’t start. I press then press and hold like I do to my p3 advanced and the lights just go out on the battery. Any suggestions???

Bad battery.
i have three batteries and one is bad, but the other two work .when the battery is out of the p4 I can press then press hold and the four lights stay lite. But when I put it in the drone and press then press hold the four lights come on brefly then turn off.

Try this,,, press and hold the power button for a minimum of 5 seconds. Don’t do the double press. If the P4 batteries are like the P3’s, then doing this single 5 second hold press will show you the percentage of battery life of the battery. Do this with the battery out of the drone.

Try this,,, press and hold the power button for a minimum of 5 seconds. Don’t do the double press. If the P4 batteries are like the P3’s, then doing this single 5 second hold press will show you the percentage of battery life of the battery. Do this with the battery out of the drone.
Batteries are good.

They all look good. No bent contacts or no burned contact.
I took the memory chip out and watched the crash, it was landing and touched down then veered of and hit a fence. Wasn’t even a hard crash.

I took the memory chip out and watched the crash, it was landing and touched down then veered of and hit a fence. Wasn’t even a hard crash.
R the ribbon cables ok they can tear on impacts,,I'm not sure if torn or not because I think it should still power up but you will have error,,,,got multimeter and check what voltage battery is at,,you might need to open again and trace back,,something shutting your power down,bad contacts mayby,I it really clicked in when its clicked in,
16034378413152529562803410773636.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
R the ribbon cables ok they can tear on impacts,,I'm not sure if torn or not because I think it should still power up but you will have error,,,,got multimeter and check what voltage battery is at,,you might need to open again and trace back,,something shutting your power down,bad contacts mayby,I it really clicked in when its clicked in,View attachment 120444
I have the power board off just like you have in the pic. When I get home I will clean contacts with small wire brush and plug the battery back in and try it out again.

R the ribbon cables ok they can tear on impacts,,I'm not sure if torn or not because I think it should still power up but you will have error,,,,got multimeter and check what voltage battery is at,,you might need to open again and trace back,,something shutting your power down,bad contacts mayby,I it really clicked in when its clicked in,View attachment 120444
I just tried cleaning the terminals on the power board and battery,and nothing.

I have the power board off just like you have in the pic. When I get home I will clean contacts with small wire brush and plug the battery back in and try it out again.
I have now replaced all the ribbon cables with new ones, and nothing. Should I now try replacing the power interface board?

I have now replaced all the ribbon cables with new ones, and nothing. Should I now try replacing the power interface board?
?? If you have parts by all means but I dont want to make you buy something that might not work,
It's ok if you have another damaged drone to get parts from but after some crashs iys a big guessing game to eliminate,,can u get multimeter, then you can find where the power is stopping,,if you un solder main board the power should stay on at battery I'm thinking,

This sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere near the main power distribution board on the main (vbat) line. The battery is detecting a massive amp draw and shutting down to prevent damage.
Check for short to ground starting with the main power distribution board. Once it’s confirmed to have a short, troubleshooting is easy, disconnect one component at a time (start with esc’s) until the short clears.

This sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere near the main power distribution board on the main (vbat) line. The battery is detecting a massive amp draw and shutting down to prevent damage.
Check for short to ground starting with the main power distribution board. Once it’s confirmed to have a short, troubleshooting is easy, disconnect one component at a time (start with esc’s) until the short clears.
Thank you, the short cleared when I disconnected the left side esc. So now I disconnected the front motor , should the motor run if I connect it to a battery? I have the motor off and it won’t run when I connect it to a 9 volt battery.

Thank you, the short cleared when I disconnected the left side esc. So now I disconnected the front motor , should the motor run if I connect it to a battery? I have the motor off and it won’t run when I connect it to a 9 volt battery.
No that motor needs an electronic speed controller (esc) which has special timing parameters and programming to spin the motor. That esc is actually both esc’s for the left side. (There are 2 individual esc’s in that board)
You will need to replace that esc board, extras can be found on eBay or amazon, usually pretty cheap. This should fix your issues.

No that motor needs an electronic speed controller (esc) which has special timing parameters and programming to spin the motor. That esc is actually both esc’s for the left side. (There are 2 individual esc’s in that board)
You will need to replace that esc board, extras can be found on eBay or amazon, usually pretty cheap. This should fix your issues.
Well thanks for all your help. I have purchased a new left esc board and installed it today. Yeah the phantom actually starts and connects to the remote. , BUT now I get the dreaded esc 1 and esc 2 error and won’t allow to run. WTH.

Well thanks for all your help. I have purchased a new left esc board and installed it today. Yeah the phantom actually starts and connects to the remote. , BUT now I get the dreaded esc 1 and esc 2 error and won’t allow to run. WTH.
I would double check your ribbon cables going from the ESC to the main controller (the board that’s suspended over the 3in1 board via rubber dampeners).
When you power it up do the motors on both sides initiate properly (do the beep?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen