P4? So glad I did not buy it.

I have read with a lot of interest the thoughts, experiences and problems some of you have been having with the new P4. A significant number of you have been returning them.

So glad I waited. A combination of manufacturing and soft/firmware problems seem to have plagued this release.

On paper it sounded so good. Some of the new features like collision avoidance and the tracker mode made it very tempting. Extended battery life, which looks to be a false claim.

So thank you for publishing your views on the new model. They have helped me, and probably others, know we made the right choice in waiting. :) No doubt the P4A, or whatever, will be out soon.
Hi, I have since March 15th flown 58 times, 3 hours and 53 minutes and 11621 meters in very different conditions and no problems whatsoever. The only thing I can complain about is that my P4 may lose some height when using Tap Fly. And I guess that with next firmware update that problem is gone. I am very happy with my purchase!

Reactions: liketogethigh
some people would cry if you hung them with a new rope.
I have both a p3p and p4.
I do believe the p 4 goes better.

Hey, I am an old guy and had a V2+, the only other quad I ever flew and my sweet new P-4 is just amazing! I can not even figure out how to use most of the features but I will keep looking for videos tho help slow learners like myself. Now I have to share this: on my third flight, I was out over the hillside shoot ing stills of the ocean (Big Island Hawaii) and flying at 400. I had been looking down at the iPad for a bit too long and when i looked up again I could not see my P-4. Scary, and I could not hear it either. I could have just kept looking at the screen and started back but I decided to try RTH since I had not ever thought i would use the feature AND HERE WAS A REAL TEST. The voice told me it was working and then i could hear the P-4 coming back and coming back fast! It stopped and came down for a nice landing only about four feet from the take off spot. AMAZING

DO I LOVE MY P-4? YES

Hey, I am an old guy and had a V2+, the only other quad I ever flew and my sweet new P-4 is just amazing! I can not even figure out how to use most of the features but I will keep looking for videos tho help slow learners like myself. Now I have to share this: on my third flight, I was out over the hillside shoot ing stills of the ocean (Big Island Hawaii) and flying at 400. I had been looking down at the iPad for a bit too long and when i looked up again I could not see my P-4. Scary, and I could not hear it either. I could have just kept looking at the screen and started back but I decided to try RTH since I had not ever thought i would use the feature AND HERE WAS A REAL TEST. The voice told me it was working and then i could hear the P-4 coming back and coming back fast! It stopped and came down for a nice landing only about four feet from the take off spot. AMAZING

DO I LOVE MY P-4? YES

Nice one. I personally think that is one of the best features of the Phantom range. The reassuring RTH button. Used it more than once myself. :)

few with mines a couple of time and i love it so far. had to buy a P4 because my P3 had a rotor problem and fell from the sky.

so a minute % of buyers have issues - im surprised you buy anything at all with that outlook !

the vast majority who are flying without issues are enjoying themselves, but you can always sit and wait for the "perfect" drone, then wonder why you have gone through life and never bought one ;)
So you know how many have been sold and how many issues ....wow:confused:

What I found interesting was "Toms Tech Time" reviews. He hovered his P3P and the P4 at the same time to compare flight times and the P4 flew about 10% longer than the P3P. He also added his home made Windsurfer reflectors to the P4 antennas and was amazed how far it could fly. He also admitted that the DJI specs for flight time and un-aided flight range were overly optimistic for both the P3P and the P4 but he concluded that he preferred the P4. As a consequence I am saving up to buy the P4.

My p4 is so much better than my p3. Further range and battery plus all the extra features . I guess some people just need to feel better about flying an older model that's not as good.

My p4 is so much better than my p3. Further range and battery plus all the extra features . I guess some people just need to feel better about flying an older model that's not as good.

That may be true, but I for one am not one of them. If I could sell my P3P and get the P4 I would do it, mainly because of the support you guys on here have given it. Alas I cannot justify ditching a fully working P3P because I like the extra 'toys' on the P4. Just love new tech. :)

I may however give the whole setup to a friend of mine and get the P4 :) Going to get good and confident with the P3P first though.

P3 owners hating P4's and P4 owners hating P3's justifying the upgrade. Happens on every new release. I am still happily flying my 2 vintage P2's.
I think it's funny. P4 guys saying how great their bird is... P3 guys saying the P4 is not worth it. Haha.. I think it is somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think it's funny. P4 guys saying how great their bird is... P3 guys saying the P4 is not worth it. Haha.. I think it is somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
It's a great bird but if you come from a p3 is not that big step forward.

So glad I didn't invest in a p4 I have better range with my advanced

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

These guys chose to use the p4 over the inspire. All filmed with the p4 :cool:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi, I have since March 15th flown 58 times, 3 hours and 53 minutes and 11621 meters in very different conditions and no problems whatsoever. The only thing I can complain about is that my P4 may lose some height when using Tap Fly. And I guess that with next firmware update that problem is gone. I am very happy with my purchase!

O.K. lets see :
3hr 53 minutes = 233 minutes total for 58 flights = 4 minutes average flight time.
11621 meters for 58 flights = 200 meters per flight

I think that you are being way too reckless, and aggressive with your new Phantom 4

Reactions: StevenQX
I have read with a lot of interest the thoughts, experiences and problems some of you have been having with the new P4. A significant number of you have been returning them.

So glad I waited. A combination of manufacturing and soft/firmware problems seem to have plagued this release.

On paper it sounded so good. Some of the new features like collision avoidance and the tracker mode made it very tempting. Extended battery life, which looks to be a false claim.

So thank you for publishing your views on the new model. They have helped me, and probably others, know we made the right choice in waiting. :) No doubt the P4A, or whatever, will be out soon.
You wouldn't know it , reading and watching all the YouTube reviews. I think half of them are a lot of hyped up bull.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.