P4 Pro V2.0 ... Is it totally discontinued?

Reaction score
Hi all,

My company has finally given me the go-ahead to get a drone for photogrammetry. I couldn't talk my bosses into the P4 RTK or the Inspire line, because of the costs. But the P4 Pro V2.0 would work just as well for our mapping needs.

Only problem is that despite the P4 Pro V2.0 being readily available 2-3 months ago, apparently now they're being listed by most vendors as discontinued? I read an article from DJI stating they were having difficulties sourcing some parts, and they had no idea when that situation would be resolved. I was hoping to have heard of some progress after Chinese New Year, but so far no luck.

I've searched here in the forum, but aside from some posts from the middle of 2018, I've not seen much else.

So, anyone know what's up? Is the Phantom 4 line now dead in the water, aside from DJI Care refurbs and replacements, and whatever back-stock vendors have on hand?

If so, that really sucks. I've very familiar with the Phantom line and it's capabilities. DroneNerds suggested I look at the Mavic 2 Pro, but I'd need to research how well the Mavic plays with 3rd party mapping apps.

Thanks,
- Jason

Hi all,

My company has finally given me the go-ahead to get a drone for photogrammetry. I couldn't talk my bosses into the P4 RTK or the Inspire line, because of the costs. But the P4 Pro V2.0 would work just as well for our mapping needs.

Only problem is that despite the P4 Pro V2.0 being readily available 2-3 months ago, apparently now they're being listed by most vendors as discontinued? I read an article from DJI stating they were having difficulties sourcing some parts, and they had no idea when that situation would be resolved. I was hoping to have heard of some progress after Chinese New Year, but so far no luck.

I've searched here in the forum, but aside from some posts from the middle of 2018, I've not seen much else.

So, anyone know what's up? Is the Phantom 4 line now dead in the water, aside from DJI Care refurbs and replacements, and whatever back-stock vendors have on hand?

If so, that really sucks. I've very familiar with the Phantom line and it's capabilities. DroneNerds suggested I look at the Mavic 2 Pro, but I'd need to research how well the Mavic plays with 3rd party mapping apps.

Thanks,
- Jason
I dont understand why you cant buy one? Everyone and their brother has them for sale brand new in the box.

Thanks Fly Dawg. Yep, that's basically what I remember reading around mid-January: P4A and P4P V2.0 are still technically alive, but unavailable in the DJI store, and all other versions of the P4 discontinued.

What I gather from that thread is that we aren't likely to hear any news from DJI, and the P4P V2.0 will either magically pop up as available in their store again, or it's replacement will?

Hi all,

Thanks,
- Jason
DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 - Brand New / Sealed | eBay

Run, before it gets sold!!

I dont understand why you cant buy one? Everyone and their brother has them for sale brand new in the box.

I've been looking for weeks, all vendors seem to be out of stock. Hell, even eBay had only one or two (a few weeks back, haven;t checked recently).

As I type ... thank Ansia!

Some dealers have the P4PV2 in stock here.

Thanks all. I ended up purchasing one of the Amazon options. I wish I'd have known about PhantomHelp a few weeks ago, would have made this all much simpler!

So, what is the community opinion here? Do folks generally believe the P4PV2 will make it back into the production queue? Eventually, at any rate? This lapse in availability just strikes me as very peculiar for DJI's top of the line consumer-class product.

Do folks generally believe the P4PV2 will make it back into the production queue?
Folks believe lots of different things. However, since DJI never discloses this type of information ahead of time, we won't know it's discontinued until it has been discontinued.

Hi all,

Thanks,
- Jason
It really is a shame that DJI discontinued the best product, for the price, that they ever made. I have two Phantom 4 Pros, and 1 Phantom 4. I also have 2 Phantom 3s. I started with the Phantom 2. Has DJI given reason for discontinuing the Phantom 4 line? Does anyone know if DJI will continue to sell parts and repair their product? It’s a pretty big investment only to find that they will no longer support their pricy product. I hope they change their mind. I’d like to see a Phantom 5 line that uses the same battery as the Phantom 4 with a zoom lens. Too bad.

Purchased my P4PV2 plus a bunch of support components in October 18. Imagine my surprise when in Dec/Jan DJI said no more production. Airframe unavailable on DJI site. A couple were listing them yet sold out quickly.

I only hope that I can get parts if or when it crashes. I am enjoying it in the meantime.

Purchased my P4PV2 plus a bunch of support components in October 18. Imagine my surprise when in Dec/Jan DJI said no more production. Airframe unavailable on DJI site. A couple were listing them yet sold out quickly.

I only hope that I can get parts if or when it crashes. I am enjoying it in the meantime.
There are still parts for the P3's, so I think you still have a few years.

Reactions: IronManNDFW
You guys hinted at what I believe to be the real reason behind this OOS setting. Allow me to elaborate for a min.
First - if you owned a company would you want a bunch of stock sitting around when your next model comes out? Why/Why not? Once this is clear consider that just last year I was considering adding another drone to my line up to use for business. I have a Phantom 4 and after a lot of deliberation and research I choose to go with the 4 V2.0 for a plethora of reasons - not the least of which was redundancy and ability to cross use batteries and other parts - in case one goes down OR in case I hire another individual (already done now). The ability to to only have to buy one Type of $150 batteries - each only worth approx 20 mins -was worth all the weight in gold needed. Then I also had to consider this : What else could they possibly do to increase the overall tech to a degree that would outsource their latest model? Also, why would any company make a jump like this? What would this do to future sales and rumors - especially if it disappointed from the last release? All great questions to ask yourself and consider - also am pretty solid on the fact that when the 5 DOES get realeased - it will also have the lATEST AND GREATEST UPGRADE that will be released in 6 mos and another shortly after, etc etc etc. It’s all marketing 101. ... unfortunately for us the consumer. .... So in the end just make a pick and be happy with it. Or wait, and be happy with it. Ether way - just try to be happy with whatever you decide. All of the choices have pros and cons and thankfully there are great forums like this to spout out about. Cheers!

Cheer up P4P owners. Parts and units will be around for ages.
If you want to feel despondant head over the 3DR forum. At least DJI goes on.

Reactions: DKG13CC
You guys hinted at what I believe to be the real reason behind this OOS setting. Allow me to elaborate for a min.
First - if you owned a company would you want a bunch of stock sitting around when your next model comes out? ... It’s all marketing 101.
Marketing 101??
DJI has not had any P4 pro V2 to sell for almost five months now.
Do you think Toyota has nothing to sell for 5 months before they release a new model?
DJI has never done that before either - they've still sold the older models after releasing a new one.

P4P v2 is fully discontinued in my country. You can still buy them but its just remaining leftover stock.

RoOSTA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic