Phantom 4 models officially discontinued

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
So they are saying that the P4 and P4P are discontinued but the P4A and P4P v2.0 are still in production? Or did I misunderstand?

Edit: never mind, although they are still out of stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyrvas
Causes one to wonder what their product game plan is. How long do they plan to produce the newest two P4 models?

Reactions: lordfox
Causes one to wonder what their product game plan is. How long do they plan to produce the newest two P4 models?
DJI never discusses their game plans. We likely won't know until they post it on their website.

Not sure they are still producing the V2 either. It’s been out of stock at DJI since October 2018 and now is out of stock at many US distribution centers.

Paul C

Reactions: DKG13CC and daxis
All P4 models have been out of stock in the DJI Store since last year. A while ago, DroneDJ reported a DJI employee said they were having trouble getting parts from their supplier(s). It's hard to believe they are still having trouble months later though.

DJI still sells some parts for the Phantom 2 as well. I don't think they'll stop selling Phantom 4 parts anytime soon.

Does this mean that DJI will finally stop with the invasive updates that run the risk of changing the drone into a $1000 brick?

Firmware updates? You don't have to install them if you don't want to.

Also, note the last firmware update to the Vr 2.0 was 10/24/18. This drone still has stability issues, at least mine and many others report the same problem. Yaw in hover, non straight flight, and motion reverses with a pan, after stick pressure released (if panning to right, and you release stick, drone will move back to the left, i.e. negative to initial pan). Makes such video work a bit taxing as you have edit out each of these. I like to pan.,

DJI has not ever agreed problems exist. Also, many on this site and DJI's site have returned their first Vr 2.0 for a replacement only to find the problem is worse or no better. Other have made purchases outside of the initial May 2018 build and have reported no problems.

I refuse to send mine back, due to the fact it's camera is perfect. Not willing to risk getting a refurb, (which would be the case now) with a crap camera.

So I just put up with the crappy flight characteristics.

Paul C

Would batteries and other parts like props etc. still be available?
I(n answer to your question.
I would say yes as they are available on the following sites. Geek, Bangood, Wish. Ebay.
I recently bought the Kevlar tri blade props for my DJI

Also, note the last firmware update to the Vr 2.0 was 10/24/18. This drone still has stability issues, at least mine and many others report the same problem. Yaw in hover, non straight flight, and motion reverses with a pan, after stick pressure released (if panning to right, and you release stick, drone will move back to the left, i.e. negative to initial pan). Makes such video work a bit taxing as you have edit out each of these. I like to pan.,

DJI has not ever agreed problems exist. Also, many on this site and DJI's site have returned their first Vr 2.0 for a replacement only to find the problem is worse or no better. Other have made purchases outside of the initial May 2018 build and have reported no problems.

I refuse to send mine back, due to the fact it's camera is perfect. Not willing to risk getting a refurb, (which would be the case now) with a crap camera.

So I just put up with the crappy flight characteristics.

Paul C

Paul,

I finally bit the bullet and sent my V2.0 in two weeks ago. DJI’s initial analysis was “no error found”. They called to tell me this. I explained the issues that a few members here found in the flight data (mainly with regard to magYAW and YAW separation that was unexplainable, causing the AC to hold one value fixed as it turned the drone to attempt to correct the difference) and the guy said he would re conduct the analysis. I asked if they flew it, he said yes. Next day I got an email saying that my ticket was closed and no fault was found and the drone will be shipped. I received it yesterday. Im about to go make it turn by itself again, i guarantee it. I feel like they are sweeping this issue away.

I have sent flight logs, graphs and videos all showing the issue since the second time they claimed no issue, im currently waiting on a “Product Engineer” to get back to me. I hope they will make this right, but im quite nervous that whats done is done.

Reactions: Huttex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20