P4 Power Output for Video is only .598 Watts v. .746 Watts on Original P3P

Look, I love my P4. I also love my first version P3P.

As soon as I started flying the P4 I knew something was wrong. The distance is no where near what I am able to get with the P3P.

I flew 400 feet up yesterday and a few hundred feet in front of my takeoff location with the P4 and the signal was cutting in and out. Never had that issue with my P3
Well, there is something wrong with your P4 then, I've been out a mile with full signal both channels

Yea you're late to the party. Flew mine out over 3.66 miles. Look at the distance leaderboard thread.
I'm not late to anything, If my bird lost signal at 400' out it would be sent back, it's your post, furthermore, i wasn't looking for distance, it was just a normal outing, when I go for distance I'll post it

Yes, it's the same as the P3P GL300C, but it's 20% less than the original GL300A and GL300B P3P controllers.
so, if I have a 300b and not the 300c your saying it's better then my P4 controller? I thought only the original 300a was the good one.

The P4 is clearly much more subject to interference than the P3P, so the range will depend heavily upon where you fly. All long range results have either been over water or in very remote areas. Urban flying is significantly impacted by the interference. YMMV. :D

The P4 is clearly much more subject to interference than the P3P, so the range will depend heavily upon where you fly. All long range results have either been over water or in very remote areas. Urban flying is significantly impacted by the interference. YMMV. :D
Yeah but what's the answer to the question? The 300a and 300b are the same output?

so, if I have a 300b and not the 300c your saying it's better then my P4 controller? I thought only the original 300a was the good one.
GL300A and GL300B have the same .380 watt power output, while the GL300C is only .303 watts. Use your GL300B for a vast 25% improvement! Just remember the mode switch settings will be the same as the GL300C, even though not so labeled, when you pair the GL300B with the P4!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sim597
GL300A and GL300B have the same .380 watt power output, while the GL300C is only .303 watts. Use your GL300B for a vast improvement! Just remember the mode switch settings will be the same as the GL300C, even though not so labeled!
Well, I did the mod On my P3P, then had to buy one on eBay to put in the box for an upgrade/exchange, so I have the 300b with the antenna, ok, thanks for the answer gadgetguy

Doing the math in my head, it's like 8.5% more output, so ok cool

.77w has got to be something when only talking about 3.03 or 3.8 watts

It's actually 25% more! :rolleyes: :D
There is still the 3dB better rssi index though, I guess that's where DJI did the tweaking, too bad they didn't tweak and leave the power, a lot of bitching and complaining would be alleviated.

Well, I did the mod On my P3P, then had to buy one on eBay to put in the box for an upgrade/exchange, so I have the 300b with the antenna, ok, thanks for the answer gadgetguy
Now you have a brand spankin' new P4 transmitter to sell on eBay to recoup your eBay outlay!:cool:

Reactions: Sim597
There is still the 3dB better rssi index though, I guess that's where DJI did the tweaking, too bad they didn't tweak and leave the power, a lot of bitching and complaining would be alleviated.
There is a method behind their madness. They keep crippling the power to keep the FCC happy that we can't fly beyond VLOS, while proudly advertising a 3.1 mile range they know we will never be able to use, because the "enhanced" Lightbridge also has 20% less video power from the aircraft, to accompany the 20% less control power.

.77w has got to be something when only talking about 3.03 or 3.8 watts
.077 (not .77) watts is still a 25% difference.
Watch your decimal points! ;)
Don't feel too bad, though---
Even DJI screwed up their decimal points on the GL300A and GL300B FCC ID# documents when they filed them with the FCC! To this day, they have never been corrected! Both show .038 watts instead of .380 watts! :eek: Makes the GL300C with .303 watts look 8 times more powerful, instead off 25% less!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1