GadgetGuy's First Flight Impressions of the P4

GL300A and GL300B should be the same control power output, at .380 watts each.
GL300C is the worst, at 20% less, at .303 watts.
The video power output comes from the aircraft, and not the RC.
WM330A P4 is .598 watts, while the original W323 P3P is .746 watts.
You wrote phantom 3 professional because there is difference between p3pro and p3a having the same rc?

You wrote phantom 3 professional because there is difference between p3pro and p3a having the same rc?
No, they are the same. Both the original W323 P3P and original W322 P3A have the same power output from the aircraft for video, .746 watts.

Reactions: StevenQX
GL300A and GL300B should be the same control power output, at .380 watts each.
GL300C is the worst, at 20% less, at .303 watts.
The video power output comes from the aircraft, and not the RC.
WM330A P4 is .598 watts, while the original W323 P3P is .746 watts.

GadgetGuy, what is the power output of the W323A P3P aircraft?

What is the FCC ID for W323A P3P (look on the box label).

What gets me every time I read a review regarding battery life is this...

1) You are flying at top speeds. Of course you're not going to get the peak battery life.

2) You're flying at peak distances, half of which is against wind, again, diminishing the probability of peak battery life.

And I'll add that when you're more than a couple thousand feet away from the drone, you're no longer LOS.

All of you bickering about battery, isn't it possible that their battery rating isn't built around people pushing speeds and distances to the limits? I use my P4 just to shoot video, and am consistently getting 20-24 minutes and am landing with 20%-30% battery.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Would you mind loading your flight data into Healthy Drones and sharing that 24min flight with us? I'm curious how far you went and speeds, etc.

GadgetGuy, what is the power output of the W323A P3P aircraft?
The W323A Phantom 3 Professional has a power output of 0.6120000 (82% of the W323 and 18% more than the W323B)
FCC ID: SS3-WM3231507

Here is the link to FCC database. In the first window type the FCC ID number and scroll to the bottom of the page.

FCC ID Database Search

No, they are the same. Both the original W323 P3P and original W322 P3A have the same power output from the aircraft for video, .746 watts.
Hi GG, don't want to open a new thread for this simple question even if is a little off topic. Could i ask you which bird and controller firmwares you've on yours p3p? In my I've 1.5 on bird and 1.4.3 on controller. I don't want at all upgrade the bird but i was thinking to update controller firmware. The problem is that there is no changelog anywhere about controller firmware and i would like to know if you, that probably have a newer version than mine, have noticed performance reduction in range or whatsoever. Thanks

Hi GG, don't want to open a new thread for this simple question even if is a little off topic. Could i ask you which bird and controller firmwares you've on yours p3p? In my I've 1.5 on bird and 1.4.3 on controller. I don't want at all upgrade the bird but i was thinking to update controller firmware. The problem is that there is no changelog anywhere about controller firmware and i would like to know if you, that probably have a newer version than mine, have noticed performance reduction in range or whatsoever. Thanks
I would keep the controller on 1.4.3. It still supports all the F modes, and still works with the P4, with the switch layout controlled by the P4 inclusive DJI GO app, or the prior layout on a Pre P4 version of DJI GO.

My modded GL300A controller is on 1.4.30 like yours.
P3P aircraft are 1.4.10+ (was 1.1.9, but it now displays as 1.4.10+ even though I never updated it) and 1.4.3 and 1.5 on my P3P replacement from DJI (they disregarded my request NOT to update the firmware!).
App is 2.30 or 2.4.3 (pre P4, as I have a separate dedicated P4 iPad with 2.7 on it). I also have one used W323 P3P arriving this week, with the very latest DJI firmware, and will be testing for any performance limitations. Any aircraft with 1.5 or later on it cannot be downgraded more than one version number.

I would keep the controller on 1.4.3. It still supports all the F modes, and still works with the P4, with the switch layout controlled by the P4 inclusive DJI GO app, or the prior layout on a Pre P4 version of DJI GO.

My modded GL300A controller is on 1.4.30 like yours.
P3P aircraft are 1.4.10+ (was 1.1.9, but it now displays as 1.4.10+ even though I never updated it) and 1.4.3 and 1.5 on my P3P replacement from DJI (they disregarded my request NOT to update the firmware!).
App is 2.30 or 2.4.3 (pre P4, as I have a separate dedicated P4 iPad with 2.7 on it). I also have one used W323 P3P arriving this week, with the very latest DJI firmware, and will be testing for any performance limitations. Any aircraft with 1.5 or later on it cannot be downgraded more than one version number.
Thank you very much, I'll not update anything, I've to solve vibration issue (not in video) when overing but I'll do that first trying to reduce gains like suggested to 80% and then if it doesn't work I'll go back to 1.4.3 firmware. [emoji106]

Thank you very much, I'll not update anything, I've to solve vibration issue (not in video) when overing but I'll do that first trying to reduce gains like suggested to 80% and then if it doesn't work I'll go back to 1.4.3 firmware. [emoji106]
I'm not aware of any vibration issue when hovering that is firmware related, nor that a firmware update would fix. If it isn't in the video, then the gimbal is correcting for it. Isn't that what it is supposed to do?

I'm not aware of any vibration issue when hovering that is firmware related, nor that a firmware update would fix. If it isn't in the video, then the gimbal is correcting for it. Isn't that what it is supposed to do?
I don't know if you read in the past also on dji forum but since 1.5 fw update in a digital way many phantoms start to fast wobble/vibrate when hovering (like a hand of an old man). Not a normal conditions because it started since 1.5 firmware update to appear and also for crack issue is not good imo that the bird vibrate in that way...

I don't know if you read in the past also on dji forum but since 1.5 fw update in a digital way many phantoms start to fast wobble/vibrate when hovering (like a hand of an old man). Not a normal conditions because it started since 1.5 firmware update to appear and also for crack issue is not good imo that the bird vibrate in that way...
No, I must have missed that, since I never had a bird on 1.5, and never intended to upgrade to it. Thanks for the heads up. When DJI replaced my 1.4.2 firmware W323, they installed 1.5 on it, despite my clear instructions not to upgrade the firmware. Looks like I may have a problem I didn't know about yet! :eek:

No, I must have missed that, since I never had a bird on 1.5, and never intended to upgrade to it. Thanks for the heads up. When DJI replaced my 1.4.2 firmware W323, they installed 1.5 on it, despite my clear instructions not to upgrade the firmware. Looks like I may have a problem I didn't know about yet! :eek:
It's easy to check, put the bird in hover 3mt from the ground close to you and look at it [emoji106]

Yes it doesn't matter as read by other users experience (is one of the first thing that peoples tried to disable to avoid the issue), anyway I've it enabled.
Thanks. I'll test it, and be sending it back to DJI for the firmware they were supposed to have installed on it, if it is an issue!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1