P4 Lightbridge + Slave Remote

Reaction score
I am confused. The P4 supposedly has lightbridge, and some threads talk about joining a slave remote:

Second Remote for P4... Options?

Yet, I cannot find the P4 remote for sale separately and DJI seems to think it cannot be done:

Dear XXXXXk,

Thanks for contacting DJI customer support.

We are sorry that Phantom 4 is not supportive with a slave RC.

Thanks for choosing DJI.

Regards,

DJI Customer Support​

Are they wrong? Has anyone bound a slave remote so that one controls the camera and another controls the drone?

-iWombat

Right again. Guess no-one has tried Slave with P4, maybe DJI support is right.

Still confused about why though. Thought lightbridge implied slave support.

Lightbridge is just a long-range, spread-spectrum radio link that handles control, telemetry and video. It doesn't imply anything beyond that - other features are platform dependent.

In any case, on a P4 the only camera control is pitch, so a separate controller for that doesn't make all that much sense.

Control is not what I really wanted anyway, I was just hoping to use hdmi output on a modded slave remote for an "untethered" connection to a television 50 yards away from the real controller flying the copter.

Is there some lightbridge receiver I can use instead?

Otherwise, I need to hook up a 50-ft hdmi cable to my hdmi-modded P4 remote and tether myself to the house.

That's true. I use an iPad Air 2. I guess there is also the YouTube Streaming option if I can figure out how to stream it through a wi-fi connection so it doesn't eat all my cellular data.

Certainly doesn't have to be an Apple device, my Asus 8s works with my new curved Samsung TV without using an app. I am an apple guy tho, my IPhone shoots YouTube right to it too without an app.

Reactions: sar104

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31