P4 Intelligent Battery Not Charging (No sign of life)

Reaction score
Hello Pilots!

Another problem with the phantom 4 intelligent flight battery, UGH!!! So I haven't used my drone in quite a bit but before I left my drone and the batteries to sit in my case for a couple months, I charged them up a little (this is recommended). I return a few months later and my intelligent flight battery has no sign of life. I called up DJI, which was extremely painful due to their poor customer service, and they told me to try to charge it for around 4 hours. I did as they told me, yet there is still no sign of life. The cells aren't growing or expanding. I would rather not have to take apart the battery and measure it with a multimeter. Also, this battery is out of warranty so I'm at a loss. Thanks for all the support.

What does "a little" mean? How many LEDs were lit when you put them in storage?

Do you mean no output whatsoever from any of the LEDs?
I believe it was around 2 bars maybe 3 when I put it away. And yes, the LEDs do not turn on now.

I believe it was around 2 bars maybe 3 when I put it away. And yes, the LEDs do not turn on now.
A couple of months is too long to allow these batteries to simply sit. ( Just my opinion ). But they still should charge. Did you try plugging in to the charger and turning the battery on? There is no point in disassembling the battery. That is just a waste of time.

A couple of months is too long to allow these batteries to simply sit. ( Just my opinion ). But they still should charge. Did you try plugging in to the charger and turning the battery on? There is no point in disassembling the battery. That is just a waste of time.
Yes I charged them for around 4-5 hours and tried to turn them on a few times during the process. No signs. What would you recommend to do if you aren't using the drone for a few months?

Personally, necessary or not, I check mine every 2 weeks for proper storage percentage. I maintain mine with the range shown below one step higher would be ok, but not lower.

Battery.PNG

Still lost on a solution though.
There may be none. Unless you have another chime in with a better suggestion, I would say after all you have tried, you need a new battery.

Hello Pilots!

Another problem with the phantom 4 intelligent flight battery, UGH!!! So I haven't used my drone in quite a bit but before I left my drone and the batteries to sit in my case for a couple months, I charged them up a little (this is recommended). I return a few months later and my intelligent flight battery has no sign of life. I called up DJI, which was extremely painful due to their poor customer service, and they told me to try to charge it for around 4 hours. I did as they told me, yet there is still no sign of life. The cells aren't growing or expanding. I would rather not have to take apart the battery and measure it with a multimeter. Also, this battery is out of warranty so I'm at a loss. Thanks for all the support.
I'm in the exact same situation bro. Unfortunately I ran out of things to plug and buttons to hold, so $260 dollars later.
Costumer service is horrendous with NO tole free number. I had a $60 dollar phone bill last time I called them with an issue. DJI is ripping us off big time and we're taking it straight up the wazoo.

I'm in the exact same situation bro. Unfortunately I ran out of things to plug and buttons to hold, so $260 dollars later.
Costumer service is horrendous with NO tole free number. I had a $60 dollar phone bill last time I called them with an issue. DJI is ripping us off big time and we're taking it straight up the wazoo.
Awsomely said,,the things we do,
I still got picture when I buy my p4,had NO battery,glad store believe me but paided 320 for another

Actually disassembling the battery and unplugging the balance tap lead for a few minutes is worth a try- especially given the pack is out of warranty. Nothing to loose. I have seen more than one come back after this trick. Providing the cells have only dropped below the BMS firmware set voltage threshold and the pack is still serviceable all will be good. Leaving the balance lead off for a few minutes will effectively reset the smarts.

Actually disassembling the battery and unplugging the balance tap lead for a few minutes is worth a try- especially given the pack is out of warranty. Nothing to loose. I have seen more than one come back after this trick. Providing the cells have only dropped below the BMS firmware set voltage threshold and the pack is still serviceable all will be good. Leaving the balance lead off for a few minutes will effectively reset the smarts.
could you explain how to do this?

Reactions: Droner64

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20