P4 Hard Set Altitude limit?

Today took the P4 out for exactly this purpose, viz., flying up to tower on top of Hubbard Park in CT. P4 could not do it. Had plenty of battery & range but because I hit the 400' ceiling I couldn't get up the mountain - would have hit trees. No problem at all with the P3 Pro. I've tried to calibrate the height setting on P4, no success - unless you consider getting it to go lower a success. If there's anyone that has a work around for this please let me know. Other wise I'm returning the bird to DJI. FYI: everything else works great and I get great time out of the battery. I really hope there is something that can be done to get over the 400' limit.
In order to exceed the 120 meter altitude above your launch point, you need to first adjust the maximum altitude setting to above 120 meters. The latter can be set to up to 500 meters by accepting a DJI responsibilty waiver, assuming you are also already out of Beginner mode.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate, please. I am familiar with the pop-up waiver in the P3 but with the P4 there was nothing similar. The higher footage adjustment just reverted back to the default automatically. No waiver popped-up at all. I've tried several times.

Reactions: AJLebeau
You are correct. Yesterday I was in 'Beginner Mode' and didn't realize that. I made the adjustment and the behavior was exactly the same as P3. I was able the raise the height ceiling. Thank you.
Great! Now just avoid the low hanging gonads of the 747's above you! :D

Reactions: AJLebeau
Yes, yes good advice. :cool: Went pretty well: Heublein Tower AVON.mp4
Great reconnaissance mission! A couple of tips to improve the video: slow down the gimbal elevation control in the app settings to make for smoother camera movements, and turn off the zebra stripe overexposure warnings in the app, that you see above the horizon when you tip up, before the autoexposure can adjust. You are on your way! :cool:

For the 400th time, the FAA doesn't make law, they make recommendations to the legislative branch of congress who will or won't enact laws by vote.

The only federal non-congressional body that can set law (and only by precedent) and they make it by striking down lower courts is the SCOTUS who are part of the legislative branch but does not answer to congress and is indirectly appointed by voters as the president picks him/her. Thanks Scalia!
Supreme Court part of legislative branch really? This country is in trouble. Whatever happened to the judicial branch of govt? Did we forget about them? 3 branches sir. Not two. And no. They are not part of legislative. Justices are nominated by the president and confirmed by the senate. But all 3 branches are in fact equal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jussaguy
I don't have a universal translator.

Supreme Court part of legislative branch really? This country is in trouble. Whatever happened to the judicial branch of govt? Did we forget about them? 3 branches sir. Not two. And no. They are not part of legislative. Justices are nominated by the president and confirmed by the senate. But all 3 branches are in fact equal.

You are correct. I would say it was a typo but it was just brain flatulance.

You, of course, are correct that they are the judicial branch.

And although I was a Criminal Justice major, my last day of undergrad was my last day of scholastic political education so aside from the accidental legislative comment, you seem to know more generally. I defer to you in total.

Last edited:
Nothing intended. Just generalizations. Never personal. So please don't take it personal. Understood.

Good Day Pilots,

Although a bit older thread, I felt the info contained was VERY educational from an abundance of aspects. Thank you all for putting this stuff up for newbies like me to absorb and grow wiser with. As this is an older thread, I do have a question for you experts.

Recently bought then returned a Phantom 4 due to shipping damages. When I chatted with the owner of the company I purchased it from, we discussed the Pros/Cons of the 4 vs. the 3 Pro. After a LOT of reading and absorption/re-evaluation I decided to "Downgrade" (if you would call it that) to a Phantom 3 Pro. I just saw too many folks that didn't like the limitations/trade offs for the sensory equipment, despite some of the performance enhancements, like the speed in Sport Mode, and extended battery life.

I'm upgrading after about 100 or so flights with my Phantom Vision 2, so I still feel like I'm STILL at the novice level. Has ANYTHING changed with recent releases of the DJI Phantom 3 Pro Firmware, DJI GO Application, or other updates that I should know or steer clear of? Have any limitations been imposed since the last comment on this thread that effect the height limits, etc.?

Thanks again EVERYONE for so much great information!!

AJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31