Reaction score
dji Store is not telling the truth
Technical specification for phantom 4 is wrong by big number
It say clearly at dji shop:
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level
19685 feet (6000 m) for Phantom 4
but should say 500 meter over take off ground. That can be 5500 meter wrong !!!

I am in Iceland with lots of high mountain over 1000 meter and I need to search for missing people or airplain.
We order some Phantom 4 and on first test day we where stop, Phantom 4 only go 500 meter from ground.
Well Truth is Phantom 4 max altitude is 500 meter over take off ground ,not 6000, .
In Europe are rules that ban wrong fact or go around right numbers.
How can DJI get so easy telling lie ?
is this legal in USA ?
Ari

"Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 19685 feet (6000 m) "
What that means is the P4 can be flown at 19685, not that it will climb
from sea level to 19685.
This spec is to let P4 owners know that if they are at, for example Everest Base camp 17600'
the P4 will fly from that altitude.
DJI is not lying,
You have grossly misunderstood the spec.

so in simple English
Where in specification can I find this fact ?
I need to buy Drone, I go to specification of that drone.
I need to know how high he can go from take off point.
where can I find this limit in DJI store ?

so in simple English
Where in specification can I find this fact ?
I need to buy Drone, I go to specification of that drone.
I need to know how high he can go from take off point.
where can I find this limit in DJI store ?
It mentioned in the manual. You can download P4 manual from dji site, same page as the P4 specs.

It used to be in the specs but they removed it early on.

It's in the manual at the bottom of page 47:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/en/Phantom_4_User_Manual_en_v1.2_160328.pdf
So this is Standard in USA you must download manual of you car to see how many passenger he takes.
In Europe you can read the specification of the item to find all the main fact of the item !
Next
I have return 20 Phantom 4 as that I can do that in Europe if specification where missing main facts.
What good drone can go higher than 500 meter from ground ?

When you back up, your post doesn't appear. But it's there. You don't have to post it again. If you're not sure, press F5.

DJI is not in USA.

I'm sorry, but the truth is you should have done better research if you needed an aircraft to fly over 500 meters. You misunderstood what you read, probably because English is not your first language. But if you had done just a tiny bit of research (e.g. joined this site, or read the manual before your purchase as many do) you'd have learned about the 500 meter limit.

Older generation Phantoms such as the P2 series will fly higher than 500 meters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso and ullhan84
The 350qx 1,2amd 3 the Chroma and the typhoon all will go higher than 500 meters

The 350qx 1,2amd 3 the Chroma and the typhoon all will go higher than 500 meters

Really, the typhoon H is limited to 120m at present when and if it will go higher depends on the release of extra software.

Problem is the 350qx is not that good.

The original poster wanted a quad to do search and rescue. You could not with the 350 and not with the p4 unless you take the p4 up a mountain in the first place.

Problem is the 350qx is not that good.

The original poster wanted a quad to do search and rescue. You could not with the 350 and not with the p4 unless you take the p4 up a mountain in the first place.
Well in Canada it's against the law to fly any quadcopter out of line of sight
And there are planes that can go higher and fly longer than any quadcopter

The P4 is not a suitable aircraft for this scenario - it doesn't have the range, endurance or optical capabilities to be conducting search and rescue missions in the kind of terrain that you are discussing. We have tested and used P3s and P4s for SAR, and they are most suited to low-level grid/line searching. It turns out that one can search approximately 0.25 km² square on one battery. Anything over around 50 m AGL and you won't necessarily even see people or significant clues in other than ideal conditions. Trying to operate in 1000 m mountainous terrain is not going to be at all effective, even if you could get the aircraft up to those altitudes.

I don't think Q500+ Typhoon can go higher than 500m, I've owned one, but I may be wrong. The default was 120m and this is adjustable like Phantom, but I believe the highest allowed was 500m, although it doesn't state in the manual. The Typhoon flight range can go farther than 500m, but not the height. The primary problem with the Typhoon is the distance maxes out at about 1mi with a good antenna and 3watt amps. In stock form the Q500+ is good for about 2500'-3500', maybe 4500' in Iceland. The OP definitely needs Lightbridge to do what he needs to do, but nobody else offers anything like Lightbridge to get the distance the OP needs, regardless of height.

I've often wanted to go higher than 500m higher than launch point when I'm in the mountains, while maintaining <400' AGL. I wish there was a way.

Last edited:
So this is Standard in USA you must download manual of you car to see how many passenger he takes.
In Europe you can read the specification of the item to find all the main fact of the item !
Next
I have return 20 Phantom 4 as that I can do that in Europe if specification where missing main facts.
What good drone can go higher than 500 meter from ground ?
Well, it's a Chinese product, not an American one, we don't yet have a Chinese car here for the very reasons your discussing.
So, you already bought. The P4s and now your angry? I mean, I get it, that's fine, but it's not our fault, I understand your pissed. So 1640 or whatever it is isn't good enough? I mean can't you make that work by going up higher and then taking off?
It's not perfect but, the couple times I've thought about doing it (lol ok) 500 meters is pretty high up there. I actually thought the P3 did 1500meters, which would be cool, the. Realized they were saying 1500' or 500m so I was let down a little too, but to be fair, anytime I break the guidelines I get nervous so try not too, 400' is a little low though.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20