P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

I feel exactly the same, I think they should arrange to do an exchange with our local stockists for a brand new drone complete with radio control as they have ruined our equipment!

Reactions: RémyHeli
Last night I added the hdmi board to the controller. Since it may have required a firmware update I chanced it and went ahead with the full firmware upgrade. The controller updated with no problem via dji go 4. After a reboot i tried to update the drone but it stated it was already running on latest firmware version unknown.

I tried several times with the same result then I tried from my pc with assist 2 app. It allowed me to upgrade it from version 0 to latest. It went through fine surprisingly. I left the microsd card out just in case. I have to update the batteries and test fly it sometime this week. I'll follow up with my results.

First post for me, thanks everyone for all your feedback and helpful advice.

Reactions: RémyHeli
That altitude setting is the minimum altitude it will RTH at. If it's above that altitude when RTH is triggered, it'll just fly home. If it's below the set altitude when RTH is triggered then it will first rise to the set altitude then fly home.

You're supposed to set that to allow clearance over the highest object in your vicinity, so the bird can fly over everything on the way home, whether obstacle avoidance is working or not.
seems before it wouldgo to the preset alt no matter where it was and then come home . i'll try again tonight
thanks . it won't be the first time i got confused

My 12 month old P4 standard went back to today to dji in NL (I'm in UK) after trying every combination of firmware refresh, RC first, go4 app, assistant 2 via usb, no sd card etc etc. Still lost connection ollowing latest firmware update, every 2 - 5 minutes with green screen, camera pointing down at aircraft leg and recording stopped. 1 hour with online tech support and its now on its way back via UPS.

My 12 month old P4 standard went back to today to dji in NL (I'm in UK) after trying every combination of firmware refresh, RC first, go4 app, assistant 2 via usb, no sd card etc etc. Still lost connection ollowing latest firmware update, every 2 - 5 minutes with green screen, camera pointing down at aircraft leg and recording stopped. 1 hour with online tech support and its now on its way back via UPS.

Sorry to hear you have had to return your drone for service, I am giving it a while and waiting for the revised fixed firmware for now as I really don't want to return my equipment to Netherlands.
Have you returned everything or just the drone ?
Keep us informed on your progress, hope they sort things out quickly for you

Sorry to hear you have had to return your drone for service, I am giving it a while and waiting for the revised fixed firmware for now as I really don't want to return my equipment to Netherlands.
Have you returned everything or just the drone ?
Keep us informed on your progress, hope they sort things out quickly for you
Thanks IKW, RC and aircraft gone back. Long procedure to contact online support, then repeat myself on NL return forms, then package it up with an intinery and send it. But compared to the time already spent trying to get it to work.... I need to get my life back!

Thanks IKW, RC and aircraft gone back. Long procedure to contact online support, then repeat myself on NL return forms, then package it up with an intinery and send it. But compared to the time already spent trying to get it to work.... I need to get my life back!

I know exactly what you mean, I too have spent hours trying different solutions and settings but my Phantom 4 is still screwed up after this update.
I was curious to know if you had sent the radio control back as well, because we are all assuming its the bird that's faulty, but it could equally be the radio unit as that too got upgraded.
I have tried on many occasions through the online tech support to resolve these issues, but like you I found all they want you to do is send your equipment in for diagnosis which I find totally unacceptable.
In the end I resorted to ringing the UK number for DJI service and spent many hours over several calls going through what could be wrong, the technicians I spoke with all admitted there was issues with some Phantom 4 series drones, but not all of them.
They assure me the R&D are working on the task of resolving these problems and they expect a revised firmware to be released shortly.
So I have opted to wait this one out for now and re flash my drone when the upgraded firmware appears.
I wish I had not bothered upgrading my drone as it was perfect whilst running the old firmware, I wont be eager to upgrade next time once this gets resolved.

3 batteries used and all is fine, little twitchy in S mode but thats just my tuning settings, happy!

It's weird how some users are happy and others are finding their aircrafts are very unstable.

The only time mine is even remotely stable is when traveling at a speed less than 10mph, anything above that and it's acting like a dolphin and the motors can be heard pulsing.

If I fly my drone straight up in the air it's fine, but bring it down at full speed and it sounds like the motors cut out for a split second then they re start and the drone descends in a very unstable manner.

These are the main areas of concern however there are other less serious things wrong since this update was performed.

Glad your happy with your equipment

It's weird how some users are happy and others are finding their aircrafts are very unstable.

The only time mine is even remotely stable is when traveling at a speed less than 10mph, anything above that and it's acting like a dolphin and the motors can be heard pulsing.

If I fly my drone straight up in the air it's fine, but bring it down at full speed and it sounds like the motors cut out for a split second then they re start and the drone descends in a very unstable manner.

These are the main areas of concern however there are other less serious things wrong since this update was performed.

I do believe the funny sounds are just down to imu, the imu needs to be done on a level surface and its bloody hard to find a surface which is that level around the house lol, I'll be redoing my imu later but may have to go away from the house to look for level surface [emoji23]

The jerky steering might be because the update resets you EXP setting to even more twitchy than mine came stock?

I I believe I hear and see the same thing on a crash decent, I heard it before but it was smoother. It seems on a full down stick it falls, then revs the motors to to reduce decent speed below a maximum speed, repeat. The steps sound more coarse and there's a noticeable flutter descending.

I flew through 2 batteries in calm conditions tonight. There is a definite twitch. Most violent when descending above a snail's pace, and in draw mode. Forward flight is always twitchy to some degree, I can hear the motors revving. Hey Macarena!

My gimbal also gets stuck at odd angles. Previously, it would swing back and forth before finding level when turning. Now, it gets stuck about 5-10 degrees off. If I manually level it,
the gimbal goes crazy off-level on subsequent turns.

I was out tonight. For whatever reason, my gimbal was rock solid level through 3 batteries. I dunno, up until now it's been wonky since the update. Bird is still shaking when descending, and I've noticed the motors really rev up and down when ascending.

I was out tonight. For whatever reason, my gimbal was rock solid level through 3 batteries. I dunno, up until now it's been wonky since the update. Bird is still shaking when descending, and I've noticed the motors really rev up and down when ascending.

Any chance that you weren't recording video at 4K/30 which is the known problem with the new firmware (anything less works fine is my understanding).

Any chance that you weren't recording video at 4K/30 which is the known problem with the new firmware (anything less works fine is my understanding).

Always 1080p/30fps for me. Both when I had the gimbal problem (it would go slightly off level on turns, and then stay there) and now that I apparently don't. My gimbal issue was showing up whether I was shooting video, or not.

Always 1080p/30fps for me. Both when I had the gimbal problem (it would go slightly off level on turns, and then stay there) and now that I apparently don't. My gimbal issue was showing up whether I was shooting video, or not.

Now that I think about it two, odd/different things tonight vs previous flights. The first time I powered up the P4, I wasn't watching the gimbal during startup, but when I looked at it, it was hanging down loose. I restarted and it came to life as normal. Also my first flight was with a new, never flown battery. No idea how that could affect the gimbal, but it's a difference.

I am having all the same problems as you. Tilting gimbal, connection dropped, "nervous" flight, etc. Contacted DJI, and they keep telling me to downgrade the firmware, but they don't get that THEY REMOVED THE ABILITY TO DO IT! Very frustrated. I was nervous to upgrade, waited about 2 weeks, then did it... should have read about it first...

I am having all the same problems as you. Tilting gimbal, connection dropped, "nervous" flight, etc. Contacted DJI, and they keep telling me to downgrade the firmware, but they don't get that THEY REMOVED THE ABILITY TO DO IT! Very frustrated. I was nervous to upgrade, waited about 2 weeks, then did it... should have read about it first...

Interesting, you're the only other report I've seen of the same gimbal problem. Maybe it will magically fix itself, like mine . . .

DJI has acknowledged they are working on fixes, there is a beta firmware available according to one of their forum reps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj