P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

I'm curious whether anyone who has sent a P4 back to DJI on this issue has received back a "fixed" P4.
Me too, also did they get their own aircraft back as DJI usually palm you off with reconditioned units.

c3958a63c33b520b181b69c250d5f58b.jpg

Is what I'm running

Can anyone confirm its safe to update the rc only? I remember hearing 1.8 is buggy and am I right in thinking you can roll the rc back still? If so would you recommend going back to 1.6 or upgrading? I know the fw is old

I got mine in Aug 2017. Update process was smooth. Hasn't required a battery firmware update though. No gimbal problems but flight very twitchy at speed and noticing wind warnings in very low breezes. Based down under in NZ at about 46 degrees South.

I got mine in Aug 2017. Update process was smooth. Hasn't required a battery firmware update though. No gimbal problems but flight very twitchy at speed and noticing wind warnings in very low breezes. Based down under in NZ at about 46 degrees South.

Standard or pro? Decode your serial (google) and it'll give you the original manufacturer date

Erm, 2016. Standard.
Standard or pro? Decode your serial (google) and it'll give you the original manufacturer date

HP [emoji27][emoji43][emoji43]

Good luck with that one mate, I've been in touch twice on phone and numerous times via online, they aren't quick to fix
i fail to see any other option , weather it does any good or not what else can one do ? the bird is not flying right .The firmware up date did not do a dam thing but make the bird fly worse . When i updated it just called for one when i powered up the rc . never used assistant 2 in fact i have it on my pc but it does nothing . when plugged in or not it just say how to connect to inspire 2 . never shows my bird or is there any other things that can be done with it . the bird flys but not the same . why set a RTH elevation if it doesn't go to that elevation . tripod i never needed until now . not at all happy so all that's left is making a complaint and bending over

I would say it's needed to 'think out of the box' as too many users are impacted and not happy at all.

### Make available again last previous firmware version on DJI servers and tell customers to use Assistant2 ###

Gives more time and less pressure for dev teams to review what has been changed in the code, compare sources etc. They should find what is different and possibly impacting. Nothing magic but complex indeed. Then go beta test with a craft who has the issue. Sure they will find one right?

It's not that simple. the 2.0.106 FW will refuse to accept a downgraded firmware. For this to happen DJI would need to release a new 2.0.107 FW + an app update to allow a downgrade. I have the 1.2.602 still saved on my phone from a past upgrade, but it simply will not install.

For those of you trying to keep track of versions etc. Mine was bought off ebay, had been crashed into a tree, hard. Had to replace the shell, landing gear, one of the motors and the camera module. 'New' second hand camera module had also been in a crash but it still works. Manufacturing date of the bird was early this year, April I think?

This rebuilt phantom flew better than my other bird, built in November last year. It had a bad case of tilted horizon, but I put that down to the hard life it's had so far. My November bird won't fly waypoint missions, it just kinda jerks around when there is more than a breath of wind and slowly rises in place. Every other function works perfectly fine though.

Now I've put 2.0.106 on the crashed bird it won't fly properly at all, same as everyone else in this thread. Tilted horizon is gone though, so, yay. DJI have taken half a step forward then fallen over backwards.

I'd love to test on my other bird, but until DJI sort this mess out I'll be damned if anyone's changing the firmware on that one.

Last edited:
Here is how I proceed.
First upgrade the controller
Try to upgrade the phantom 4 Standard with assistant 2 on mac, impossible, download the firmware and stops.
Having also a PC I upgrade with assistant 2 on Win10 and everything goes well.
Calibrate the IMU
Calibrate compas
I test flight it all alright, even try the new gesture failure.
I had a couple of flights after and everything as normal.
So far so good hope I will not experiment nasty behavior.
By the way bought my Phantom 4 Standard in May this year

Reactions: ryanmanchester
i fail to see any other option , weather it does any good or not what else can one do ? the bird is not flying right .The firmware up date did not do a dam thing but make the bird fly worse . When i updated it just called for one when i powered up the rc . never used assistant 2 in fact i have it on my pc but it does nothing . when plugged in or not it just say how to connect to inspire 2 . never shows my bird or is there any other things that can be done with it . the bird flys but not the same . why set a RTH elevation if it doesn't go to that elevation . tripod i never needed until now . not at all happy so all that's left is making a complaint and bending over
That altitude setting is the minimum altitude it will RTH at. If it's above that altitude when RTH is triggered, it'll just fly home. If it's below the set altitude when RTH is triggered then it will first rise to the set altitude then fly home.

You're supposed to set that to allow clearance over the highest object in your vicinity, so the bird can fly over everything on the way home, whether obstacle avoidance is working or not.

It's not that simple. the 2.0.106 FW will refuse to accept a downgraded firmware. For this to happen DJI would need to release a new 2.0.107 FW + an app update to allow a downgrade. I have the 1.2.602 still saved on my phone from a past upgrade, but it simply will not install.
Out of curiosity which "app update to allow a downgrade" are you talking about? Assistant2 doesn't need other app and relies on DJI servers to list available firmwares for downgrade but they have removed all of them. Not saying will work but wondering which app it is. Thanks!

The DJI GO app. The old firmware is still on my phone, but the app won't list it as available for install.

Anyway I bet a fix in currently being worked on with high priority and should be published soon. Worrying no beta tester reported the problem?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20