P4 falling from sky with Litchi waypoint. What happened?

Reaction score
I made my first longer Litchi mission two days ago and suddenly the drone started falling down at around 200m height. After falling for a bit (felt like ages watching it on the screen) it caught itself and continued the mission.

Since i don't want to loose my P4 anytime soon I would like to know what happened and how to avoid it?

Password: p4
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Will post the logs after I figured out how to get them from Litchi.

Edit:
The mission: Mission Hub - Litchi
Log: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Last edited:
Share your mission with us. Logs also will help us analyze the cause.

Share your mission with us. Logs also will help us analyze the cause.

just added the Mission+Log. From what I can see there there were winds up to 42 mph. On the ground it was just a light breeze though.

I think it's safe to say it's not hardware related.

Yes im pretty sure of that. The P4 is only 2 weeks old. But I might have made a mistake in creating the Mission and to avoid such mistakes in the future Im best off asking here. This time I was lucky it caught itself.

Hi Marcel, I have had a similar problem but expect that mine didn't recover and fell into the cliff between mountains.

I was flying about 9 minutes and everything is going perfectly, I was on my way back to land 30min high and 60 meters far. The P4 went in a endless loop on itself and crashed. So far, I can see on the IPad video (frame by frame) before the crash, is that the front left motor shutdown for 2 sec before I can see that prop starting again.

It doesn't look that you had the same problem as I had but maybe they is a link between the two. I lost it and i still don't know the cause of it.

It was its 10 flights and 3 months old. I have had P2 before for 3 years and never had any problems with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic