P4 falling from sky with Litchi waypoint. What happened?

Reaction score
I made my first longer Litchi mission two days ago and suddenly the drone started falling down at around 200m height. After falling for a bit (felt like ages watching it on the screen) it caught itself and continued the mission.

Since i don't want to loose my P4 anytime soon I would like to know what happened and how to avoid it?

Password: p4

Will post the logs after I figured out how to get them from Litchi.

Edit:
The mission: Mission Hub - Litchi
Log: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Last edited:

alokbhargava

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Share your mission with us. Logs also will help us analyze the cause.

Reaction score
Share your mission with us. Logs also will help us analyze the cause.

just added the Mission+Log. From what I can see there there were winds up to 42 mph. On the ground it was just a light breeze though.

I think it's safe to say it's not hardware related.

Yes im pretty sure of that. The P4 is only 2 weeks old. But I might have made a mistake in creating the Mission and to avoid such mistakes in the future Im best off asking here. This time I was lucky it caught itself.

Reaction score
Hi Marcel, I have had a similar problem but expect that mine didn't recover and fell into the cliff between mountains.

I was flying about 9 minutes and everything is going perfectly, I was on my way back to land 30min high and 60 meters far. The P4 went in a endless loop on itself and crashed. So far, I can see on the IPad video (frame by frame) before the crash, is that the front left motor shutdown for 2 sec before I can see that prop starting again.

It doesn't look that you had the same problem as I had but maybe they is a link between the two. I lost it and i still don't know the cause of it.

It was its 10 flights and 3 months old. I have had P2 before for 3 years and never had any problems with it.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muiskraal