P4 Camera Glitching

Reaction score
Afternoon All
I've just been out flying and trying to capture some video etc, however when I was recording the camera was Glitching quite a lot, and the recorded footage contained all of them.

Has anyone else encountered an issue like this when recording? It didn't seem to make a difference if the drone was static, moving slowly, or quickly.

I have a phantom 4 fyi.

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks

Andrew

Is the recorded video on the Micro SD card also glitchy? Or just the cached video on your mobile device?

Maybe that link can show the issue I mean as I couldn't upload a video direct

This only happens when recording, just flying around the camera follows everything perfectly.

Also, in the moments of clarity, the quality doesn't really seem 4k? I've seen some YouTube videos that look visually stunning. Are there settings I need to amend or anything?

Maybe that link can show the issue I mean as I couldn't upload a video direct

This only happens when recording, just flying around the camera follows everything perfectly.

Also, in the moments of clarity, the quality doesn't really seem 4k? I've seen some YouTube videos that look visually stunning. Are there settings I need to amend or anything?
Is this video directly off the SD card in the drone? Or is this the cached video on your phone / tablet?

Viewing on tablet, both on DJI app and the 'videos' folder in windows

Not sure how to view any other way
The real quality is actually on the SD card in the drone. The footage on the phone is low quality... Basically a

"Here's a preview of the product"

The best product is on the SD card

Viewing on tablet, both on DJI app and the 'videos' folder in windows

Not sure how to view any other way
Remove the SD card out of the Phantom, using a memory card ready copy the files off to your computer. The video on your tablet will be a low-resolution 720p video called "Cached Video", the cached video may have anomalies in it depending on the speed of your tablet and the quality of the video transmission from the drone back to the tablet.

Reactions: phill45
So should I get a memory card reader? And if so, are there any specific requirements that it must have? There's a few well rated ones on Amazon for under £10. Should be ok?

So should I get a memory card reader? And if so, are there any specific requirements that it must have? There's a few well rated ones on Amazon for under £10. Should be ok?
THIS is the one I use, it is USB 3.0 so it's fast and has both microSD and SD card reader.

I have used the Extreme cards in the past without issue, the Extreme Pro with the A1 rating can write up to 40mb/s faster though. I always get the fastest I can afford, since Sandisk has a lifetime warranty, I'll have it forever (unless I lose it of course).

Thank you for all the advice/info. I will check when I have all the right equipment and see if it still happens/records onto the memory card

I doubt that's the video from the card. That has to be the cached video recorded on your device. Depending on the circumstances, what you're seeing isn't unusual. What are the specs for the device you're using, or what device are you using?

Cheers for all the info guys I've just checked the footage direct from memory card and it was fine.

I have since upgraded to a memory card that can record in 4k too so I look forwards to getting some nice shots/footage in the near future.

Anyone know why the footage would be glitchy on the tablet though. Is there anything I can do to help with that?

Reactions: Neon Euc
Cheers for all the info guys I've just checked the footage direct from memory card and it was fine.

I have since upgraded to a memory card that can record in 4k too so I look forwards to getting some nice shots/footage in the near future.

Anyone know why the footage would be glitchy on the tablet though. Is there anything I can do to help with that?
Nothing can be done for the glitchy tablet footage. Everyone gets that. It's basically a preview of what to expect on the main SD card

Reactions: andy112

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94