P4 Bad battery?

Reaction score
I just received my 2 for 1 batteries from DJI and charged up the first one and tested it with no problem.

I charged the second battery, made sure it was off, but as soon as I placed it in the Phantom the copter turned on. And when I attempt to power down the copter it won't without physically removing the battery. The lights on the battery indicate that the battery is shutting off properly and go dark, but the copter remains running.

DJI Go reports I have an invalid battery.

I've tried my original two batteries and they work normally.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions? Or should I just get an RMA?

Thanks.

Wow, that seems like a bad battery, or, software not recognizing the battery as a legit. Could try to run down the battery power for a little longer, and see of it comes "recognized" on a second attempt, otherwise return it to dji seems the best way to go.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got my half price battery from DJI the other day. It doesn't fit in the aircraft like the first two I got. It doesn't lock in well and I have to finagle the bottom to snap in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that doesn't seem right at all. Other day I had something, don't recall exactly, but after running a battery down, landed and put new battery in, brand new, restart aircraft, I was busy doing some stuff and look down to start the bird and big "battery error" or something it said, didn't freak, it was more involved, wish I could remember, but basically I put a slightly chilled (airco in my car) battery, into a pretty warm already bird, pulled it, pushed back in and it was fine, of course, there are some guys here that would take the whole thing back to apple and replace everything because of these slights, they are more then ****, but here I think you've got to get a new one sent out ASAP

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr