P4 Advanced Crashed and Lost! Is it Traceable?

• Thread starter Deleted member 99081
  • Start date
If you ever wonder whether or not your P4A will still have any power, I would think so. I once lost a P2V, and after it had been out in there in winter weather for months, subfreezing, there was still a little power. So if you go stand at the point where it was supposed to be, turn on your transmitter and turn on DJI Go4, I would imagine that you might be able to read your Phantom's position.

Also, I now fly the P4P, and, unless it hits something (which is not easy because of anti-collision settings which works most of the time), or unless it has a battery failure or some other bad failure, it doesn't crash. Instead of crashing, it lands carefully somewhere. So, unless it fell off that cliff without power, I think you may still be able to connect with it.

Also, instead of buying a cheap 2nd drone and using it to rescue the first one, buy a reasonable or good 2nd one if you can afford it. You'll like owning more than one anyway! If you need a cheap drone, however, a Hubsan H501S works really well. Has a GPS and can stand some wind despite its small size. For the next price level up consider the P3S, I'd say. I don't have the latter model (P3S), but have heard great things about it.

Your flight log shows it last reported its location at 51.89241804, -10.39216047 -- which appears to be in the grassy area right above the cliff (see the image below). I suppose someone else could have found it or it could have rolled down the side of the cliff if it was close to the edge (it's hard to tell since Google doesn't have good satellite maps in that location). If you've already looked at that exact location and it's not close to the cliff's edge, it's probably either still there hiding in the grass or someone might have found it.

View attachment 88454
It most likely didn't make a soft landing but took a good bounce ejecting the battery. Referenced by my two uncontrolled P4 landings. Aircraft and battery probably bounced down the cliff and took a swim in the deep. Sorry Bro, I feel your pain.

Well my wife and I will volunteer to help you search for it. Just send me two round trip tickets.

I remember losing a $100 drone and it made me sick that I just let it fly away. I would have been rolled up on the floor if I lost my Phantom.
My condolences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues