P3SE 3.3km distance (Aus)

Reaction score
IMG_0467.jpg
Finally cracked 3km today with my Phantom 3 SE, flying up a valley where interference was minimal and I launched from on top of a hill

Info
5.8 ghz
Using a Parabolic booster

Last edited:
Oh nice It’s great to meet another Aussie I’m in Vic as well. I live in Wodonga up on the border
Yes we seem to be out numbered by the US bloody fantastic effort with your flight mate excellent result I get to nervous to fly too far away but will keep trying all the best for now

Reactions: Doug Rosevear
10 times further than I ever got my P3S to go .Litchi missions fixed the problem though:) It now checks the water levels in three tanks for me 7km round trip all at 12-14m AGL
I am not far north of you .

10 times further than I ever got my P3S to go .Litchi missions fixed the problem though:) It now checks the water levels in three tanks for me 7km round trip all at 12-14m AGL
I am not far north of you .

Hey mate this flight was using the go app Basically the P3 SE is a pimped out P3s I really like it but it’s wifi connection can be very Random and easily susceptible to outside interference And is probably the reason I’d never buy a Mav/Air.

Last edited:
I ended up getting an P3A as well a year later it’s much more reliable connection wise.i also stayed with close to the original firmware versions that they came with .Peoples opinions vary but I am a believer in not upgrading unless there is a problem.

I ended up getting an P3A as well a year later it’s much more reliable connection wise.i also stayed with close to the original firmware versions that they came with .Peoples opinions vary but I am a believer in not upgrading unless there is a problem.

I share your point of view. With the latest firmware update of the P3SE I have seen many problems.

We get 3km range on 5Ghz stock so it shouldn't really be a surprise. The stock RC however isnt the best with the little antenna sticking out, so it makes it difficult to achieve range.

As to why there's so few of us - the P3SE was never sold in Aus so we had to import this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic