P3SE distance problem

Reaction score
Hi,
First of all sorry for my bad english [emoji3]
I’v a P3SE and have just a couple of hours pf Fly, maybe 3 [emoji3]

I’m having problem reaching distance as far as 200meters.
Image transmission get a lag After 100meters and sa far as 150/200 app say “signal lost”, aircraft disconnected and start RTH.

Only today I’ve flew up to about 300meters than the same story repeat, RTH...

I don‘ really know what to do and i’m demoralizing.
I’m not expert and i can’t understand what is the problem of my P3SE and what to do or what to check.

I’ve read that last FW 1.5.40 had caused some problem but i don’t know if it’s the cause..

If someone could help me I will be grateful.

DJI GoApp FW 3.1.27
Aircraft FW 1.5.40

If need more info just ask.
Thank
Vale

Ps: if there are Italian pilots from the Milan area, we can meet! (ITA: se c’è qualche italiano della zona di Milano e dintorni ci si può trovare per in volo!)

According to the Phantom3SE specifications, the maximum range you can expect unobstructed is 500m. That is under ideal conditions.

According to the Phantom3SE specifications, the maximum range you can expect unobstructed is 500m. That is under ideal conditions.

This is referred tu CE rules or as general specifications?
Because the manual talk about 4km in FCC and I thought that even in CE mode the RC would emit a signal powerful enough to reach 4km but that it had a software limit that limited it to 500m and than activate a RTH.
So i thought i would’t have any kind of problem flying for 500meters.
Am i completely wrong?

Thanks!

Ps:I hope I explained myself

Directly from the manual.......

PhantomSE.PNG

Yes I’ve read the manual but, as i say before, i thought that considering that the RC have enough “power” to transmit at a distance of 4km, it would have had no problems reaching 500m and that this limit would have been only “software” in CE.
So i was wrong....
Maybe is better, so it means my P3SE have no failure or problem.
Thanks!

From the previous post, look at the transmitter power:

FCC ( US) Transmitter Output power is significantly greater than CE ( European) Output power.
The ( SRRC) power is for China. That is the difference.

Reactions: Vale
Since I had asked for help, it seems right to update you.
Moving from CE to FCC I reached over 800m in the area with some obstacles (trees).
so no problem, it was just a question of software.
Thank you and thanks the forum for the support and help doing the mod!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav