P3S

Reaction score
It figures my first post here would be after a crash. I need some feedback from experienced people before I dive into making repairs and I'm hoping someone here can help me.

When I crashed, the roll arm took some damage and the cover plate broke (pictured).

20190318_171854.jpg

The arms themselves seem otherwise okay and the camera wasn't having any issues operating, but it was slightly crooked, I believe, due to the broken piece messing up alignment. I've looked at replacement kits and the ones for the P3S don't look like the same parts. This is the image of the one I was about to purchase.

61B-703PdzL._SL1200_.jpg

Is this the correct kit? Oddly, the ones for the Advanced and Pro look more like the pieces on my camera, but I definitely have a Standard.

I appreciate any feedback. I'm new to this and I want to make sure I'm getting the components I need so I don't compound my frustration.

Cheers!

It figures my first post here would be after a crash. I need some feedback from experienced people before I dive into making repairs and I'm hoping someone here can help me.

When I crashed, the roll arm took some damage and the cover plate broke (pictured).

View attachment 109737

The arms themselves seem otherwise okay and the camera wasn't having any issues operating, but it was slightly crooked, I believe, due to the broken piece messing up alignment. I've looked at replacement kits and the ones for the P3S don't look like the same parts. This is the image of the one I was about to purchase.

View attachment 109738

Is this the correct kit? Oddly, the ones for the Advanced and Pro look more like the pieces on my camera, but I definitely have a Standard.

I appreciate any feedback. I'm new to this and I want to make sure I'm getting the components I need so I don't compound my frustration.

Cheers!
HI found this for example. These were some off amazon just now,because the cam ,,p3s only has this cam which make others not compatible
Screenshot_20190319-105245.jpg

Yes, the kit that you chose is more complete. You'll need the extra screws and the ribbon cable, in case it is bad. Make sure all the motors turn freely and aren't damaged. Good luck.

Reactions: Flick Montana
Yes, the kit that you chose is more complete. You'll need the extra screws and the ribbon cable, in case it is bad. Make sure all the motors turn freely and aren't damaged. Good luck.

Thanks. The ribbon cable doesn't look damaged upon initial inspection, but who knows. The reviews for a lot of these say the ribbon cable replacements suck so I'm hoping mine will still work. The different appearance just made me second guess whether or not I was getting the right replacement. I'd rather just replace the cracked housing instead of the whole arm, but it seems like I'll have to disassemble everything.

Thanks. The ribbon cable doesn't look damaged upon initial inspection, but who knows. The reviews for a lot of these say the ribbon cable replacements suck so I'm hoping mine will still work. The different appearance just made me second guess whether or not I was getting the right replacement. I'd rather just replace the cracked housing instead of the whole arm, but it seems like I'll have to disassemble everything.
If you do purchase a ribbon cable, just make sure that it's a DJI original part. The aftermarket ones are the ones that don't work correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers