P3s Went into Atti without remote controller connection

Reaction score
I was flying my P3 Standard, when I suddenly got a message that the drone was returning home. I wanted to show the return home feature to friends of mine so i just let it happen. About 2-3 seconds later the drone switched into Atti mode due to magnetic field interference and the drone started drifting away and I didn't react fast enough to regain control.
it was 3°C outside, the wind blowing southwest with a speed of around 24 km/h and gusts of up to 47 km/h.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-12-26_[12-46-55].txt
    552.6 KB · Views: 215
I was flying my P3 Standard, when I suddenly got a message that the drone was returning home. I wanted to show the return home feature to friends of mine so i just let it happen. About 2-3 seconds later the drone switched into Atti mode due to magnetic field interference and the drone started drifting away and I didn't react fast enough to regain control.
it was 3°C outside, the wind blowing southwest with a speed of around 24 km/h and gusts of up to 47 km/h.
Your flight data looks like this:
The problem was a yaw error which is usually caused by launching from a location with magnetic interference.
What was the surface you launched from?

When data was lost the Phantom was 1250 metres away, 32 metres up and flying to the north-northeast at 5-9 metres/sec.
The battery would have lasted for approximately 12.5 mins before autolanding when it got to critical low voltage level.
It's hard to say how far it flew because the speed was varying, but it's possibly between 3700 - 6700 metres further from where signal was lost.
That's unless there are trees 32 metres or higher on the path it took.

Drones don’t switch into ATTI mode when they loose connection with the rc. ATTI mode is selected only when the gps connection is deemed faulty by the drone computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20