P3S P3/4K Downgradable ALL the WAY back Confirmed Working!!! UPDATE "Sensor error" FIXED!!

Here is my success method, hope this method can help your.

Phantom 3 Standard Firmware downgrade instruction.
(I done with using Android devices, For IOS not testing)

1.Make sure RC & Battery is 100% fully charged.

2.Download and install the latest DJI Go apps v3.1.7 (Android).

3.Take out the SDCARD from the P3S gimbal and use PC (Windows) to format it then insert back to the gimbal.

4.Power the RC then connect your Android devices WiFi to RC, After connected then run DJI GO app.

5.Power on the aircraft and wait for the connection between RC to Aircraft. After success the RC light will get solid green and now on your Android devices DJI GO should ask you press the (CAMERA)! No need to press it just stay on the main GO app screen.

6.On the DJI Go main page, press and hold the upper corner right that 3 lines for few second then it will bring you to manual select firmware page.

7. Click the arrow and select firmware (1.9.20) then press Start Upgrade. (It will take about 10~25 minutes to finish, patient and wait)

8.After firmware v1.9.20 upgrade success, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, Exit the DJI Go app, Take out the SDCARD from the aircraft put into PC and format it.

9.Download the firmware v1.8.10 here and extract xxxx.bin to root of the SDCARD then put it back to the gimbal.(http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/P3C_FW_V01.08.0100.bin)

10.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft and it will run firmware update/downgrade automatic and just wait to finish.(Keep watching the DJI Go will prompt you the firmware update when done), After done, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, exit the DJI Go, Take out the SDCARD and format it using PC.

11.Download the firmware v1.7.9 here and extract xxxx.bin to root of the SDCARD then put it back to the gimbal.(http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin)

12.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft and it will run firmware update/downgrade automatic and just wait to finish.(Keep watching the DJI Go will prompt you the firmware update when done), After done, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, exit the DJI Go, Take out the SDCARD and format it using PC.

13.Download the firmware v1.6.8 here and extract xxxx.bin to root of the SDCARD then put it back to the gimbal.(http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/P3C_FW_V01.06.0080.bin)

14.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft and it will run firmware update/downgrade automatic and just wait to finish.(Keep watching the DJI Go will prompt you the firmware update when done), After done, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, exit the DJI Go, Take out the SDCARD and format it using PC.

15.Download the firmware v1.5.7 here and extract xxxx.bin to root of the SDCARD then put it back to the gimbal.(http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin)

16.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft and it will run firmware update/downgrade automatic and just wait to finish.(Keep watching the DJI Go will prompt you the firmware update when done), After done, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, exit the DJI Go, Take out the SDCARD and format it using PC then insert back to the gimbal.

17.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft wait until all devices connected and now press (CAMERA), Do the (IMU) calibration, then do (Gimbal) calibration, then do (Compass) calibration.

And now your aircraft should back to v1.5.70+ firmware.

***Note***
After the firmware upgrade/downgrade, all the setting will back to default setting, you may need to re-do your Max attitude limit to (500m) and do not enable this Distance Limit.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1499692556902.jpg
    FB_IMG_1499692556902.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 404
  • FB_IMG_1499692975796.jpg
    FB_IMG_1499692975796.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 442
  • FB_IMG_1499692981533.jpg
    FB_IMG_1499692981533.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 444
I apologize if this has been asked already...

If my P3S is running 1.08.10 and I'm not having any problems, is there any reason to downgrade?

can you
I have used the Current Debug method for downgrading the P3P and the P3A..
Which has proven itself to work!!
So looking at how it is used...
I believe that this would work for us in the P3S side...??
Please read my posts and others' post here.. (before you do anything!!)
forcing fw downgrade with P3X_FW_DEBUG · Issue #4 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub
There is no instructions... But I have given a good description of what it does...
WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! Do this at your own risk...
I have not seen this done... I have heard of no one trying this on the P3S....
This is what you need is a zero Bit file..
with the according name on the sd card.
P3X_FW_DEBUG (pro)
P3XW_FW_DEBUG (P3-4K)
P3S_FW_DEBUG (ADV)
P3C_FW_DEBUG (STA)
Warning!! Use must know how to use this..
The way it works on the P3P is that ..
After a downgrade, you place the debug file on the sd.. (on the root same as Bin) with that same version F/W again and re-downgrade..
Then you are able to go down to the next lower F/W and do it all over again ;)
Never skip a version... And use this method to ensure that the R/C get downgraded too..
Again this Debug downgrade is Untested!!!
Please Do this at your own Risk!!!G (pro)
P3XW_FW_DEBUG (P3-4K)
P3S_FW_DEBUG (ADV)
P3C_FW_DEBUG (STA)

Again there are no true instructions...
The Downgrade "Debug use" on the P3S
WILL have to be written Right here... ;)
The provided zip file is all the zero bit P3 Debug files :)

CAn you do a file for me for my P4P ?

Does this also revert the RC back too? I am thinking of going back to an earlier version

Revised P3s Debug downgrade
How to...
Never skip a version
Always run the firmware first (pass or fail)
then run that same firmware again with the Debug file also...
Then format the card and run the next lower Firmware
then again with the Debug file and so on..
If you get sensor errors follow the steps below to fix them..
If you have v1.08.10 with a +
Then start here
v1.08.10 -> v1.08.10 + Debug
v1.08.10 -> v1.07.9
v1.07.9
-> v1.07.9 + Debug
(v1.07.9 -> v1.7.94 If you get "Sensor Error" if not skip this step...) I am waiting for clear info on the next step from here for further downgrade..
v1.05.7 -> v1.05.7 + Debug
v1.05.7 -> V1.5.75 If you get "Sensor Error" if not skip this step...) I am waiting for clear info on the next step from here for further downgrade.. (Edit) Please read below...
and So on.. Here is a list..
v1.0.14
v1.0.17
v1.0.2
v1.01.3
v1.02.4
v1.03.5
v1.04.6
v1.05.7
v1.5.75
v1.06.8
v1.07.8
v1.07.9
v1.7.94
v1.08.10
There are new and older Firmware Versions not listed...
Anyone Know them?
Without exact firmware numbers
Links are hard to find..
1.7.94 link
P3C_FW_V01.07.0094.bin
1.5.57 link
P3C_FW_V01.05.0075.bin
The rest listed are here
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
(Edit) 1.5.75 doesn't fix compass error ;(
I found 1.5.74..
This many be the Fix for the Compass errors in 1.5.7 for some...
Remember Downgrade to 1.5.7 and then Debug 1.5.7 the update to 1.574..
Possible update to 1.5.75 after...
P3C_FW_V01.05.0074.bin
i'm new here and i follow your tips for downgrade my P3S now i'm in 1.07.9+ (before in 1.07.9 blocked with sensor error after i format my sd card and i put 1.07.94)
so how can i downgraded to 1.05.7 since my firmware without all restarted ?
1.07.9 is better than 1.09.20 for a long range ?

i'm new here and i follow your tips for downgrade my P3S now i'm in 1.07.9+ (before in 1.07.9 blocked with sensor error after i format my sd card and i put 1.07.94)

Read my posted at #162

1.9.2 Does not have range issues... It has Limit issues.... But they are not issues for most... 1.7.9 is all you really need... "debug" 1.7.9 then run 1.7.94 that should fix it ;)

1.9.2 Does not have range issues... It has Limit issues.... But they are not issues for most... 1.7.9 is all you really need... "debug" 1.7.9 then run 1.7.94 that should fix it ;)
Done but always show 1.7.90+ in DJI go app, but no sensor error the drone works it's the essential.

i get sensor error, gimbal dont event move at all, im trying to flash 1.5.75 with debug but no luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl