P3S FW Update error: [07 00][00] device not detected.

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I bought my P3S in december last year. With the latest firmmware, I had big video transmitting issues, so I decided to downgrade my firmware again.

I started from 1.09.2--> 1.08.01, and the laggy video feed instantly went away. Because I heard that the 1.05.07 version would cause the least trouble for most people, I wanted to go to this version. (I know, stupid idea)

I used the instructions in this thread (P3S P3/4K Downgradable ALL the WAY back Confirmed Working!!! UPDATE "Sensor error" FIXED!!) and when I got to 1.05.07, my RC would not connect to the AC anymore (red light), although the 5.8 GHz connection still works and I can control the drone normally. Just the video feed doesn't work anymore, it's not because of the app. I even tried to relink the AC/RC countless times.

I now can't switch to any other firmware, it always fails - I tried all versions.

After checking the log I saw that I always got error [07 00][00] device not detected.

I couldn't find anything in the internet for this specific module error, only one thread in this forum ([02242940][07 00][00] device not detected.) and the OP said he fixed it with a severe downgrade with debug (what I already tried).

Is it possible that this module is the gimbal mainboard transmitter, as my RC doesn't connect to it anymore? On the other side, if it was this error, how could the guy in the other thread fix it with a FW update?

Please help me, I already tried fixing this since yesterday evening. :(

Attachments

• P3C_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    79 KB · Views: 530
  • P3C_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 528
Hi, have you resolved this issue? I’m facing the same problem. Trying downgrade to any version with no luck. Always ending with long beep and [00 07] device not detected.

Hi, have you resolved this issue? I’m facing the same problem. Trying downgrade to any version with no luck. Always ending with long beep and [00 07] device not detected.

Nope.

I figured out this error is related to the Wifi-Transmitter/Receiver and probably means it has a hardware defect.

There was absolutely no way I could fix it, i wasted several hours/days on it and tried all possible firmwares.

I am sure this issue occured because I tried downgrading the firmware which can take some hours and without moving air (which would be the normal environment of the drone in flight) the receiving module overheats quite fast. I had to swap out the mainboard/platine inside the gimbal and since then everything is running fine again.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's a hardware issue and I haven't found a way to fix this besides replacing the mainboard. :(

My tip: Never let your drone update many firmwares in a row without letting the gimbal cool down. I recommend placing the drone in a cold environment while updating or atleast doing a pause after every successful update until it completely cools down. Don't risk overheating it. That stuff is passively cooled and can really overheat.

Hi Pringa,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I think so, the gimbal overheated and causing some part malfunction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20